Today I have mainly been V5.0

They’d never find it - the lid is hidden in an obscure part of the garden over 40m from the road. Of no matter now, 'cos 'tis all done - 6 years of my shit and wank is on its way to a local beauty spot…

3 Likes

6 years! When we bought the house we were told that our sceptic tank was an extra large one, but I thought I’d need to get it emptied every 18 months. BTW - I haven’t managed to find the lid yet either, luckily the builder / farmer next door know where it is.

This fucker is enormous, I have rented smaller rooms.

Also worse ones…

You may have some luck locating yours by chucking lighted matches into any small apertures you may find about the place: you’ll know when you’ve got the right one…

Good description of the 'toir - though newbies should beware the septic sceptic

1 Like

Literally different day, same etc. etc…

To Plymouth with Harry for a talk about the construction & operation of the Tamar rail & road bridges.

Followed by a visit to The Box, Plymouth’s revamped City museum which has Nat History, Science, Broadcast Tech, naval history and various other displays.

I also wanted to see a multi screen video presentation they’re running called Arcadia by John Akomfrah which was very impressive.

and all free of charge.

8 Likes

Losing the will to live in Plymouth shopping centre whilst son buying t shirts on his day off.

I’m usually a champion of small shops,but places like this are horrible.

6 Likes

Went to bigbury earlier haven’t been there for around 20 years or so.
After giving the sofa away to the old peoples home,Xmas made me realise I shouldn’t have.

Anyway managed to get this ikea chair to start with for beer money.Just need to wait for the matching 2/3 seater to come up.

14 Likes

My tech guy came today and biased my amp for the quad of NOS Brimar 6L6GCs that arrived last week. It was all very straightforward.

Having replaced the JJ ECC82s last week with NOS Mullards, the amp now has a full set of NOS valves. Must say it sounds lovely.

5 Likes

Today was my lucky day, a roofing company actually turned up and carried out some relatively simple but important repair work at our property. (New under boards and reseating end tiles on fresh morter.)
Its only taken 6 weeks of messing around this time. For Oxford thats really good going, pretty much any job less than £5k isnt worth getting out of bed for.

7 Likes

Hours spent today swapping the living room rack with the dining room rack. Living room system up and running again and sounding great cos it’s now shiny and dust free.

Part two tomorrow with the dining room system.

It’s quite therapeutic in a slightly annoying but satisfying way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha! This reminds me of when you bought that video recorder remote control as it was a bargain.

Then you were just waiting in anticipation of someone selling the video recorder.

Still raises a smile years later! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That was for that Sony cd player remote you sent me free of charge.
It broke after 18 months.Did you supply a guarantee with it?

5 Likes

Ha! I’d forgotten clean about that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saying goodbye to a retiring work mate today after 33 years ish.

My first day at work.

Pete’s last day at work.

Amazingly little difference between the photos we thought, only the van has changed really.

27 Likes

28 inch waist to somewhere in the mid 30s?

6 Likes

We can all relate to that :grinning:

6 Likes

To infinity and beyond.

Erm, nope…

1 Like

Enduring a power cut since midday. Camping stove managed the dinner duties and now candles and oil lamps are on. Last new set of batteries in the radio and hoping they’ll last until I can get more.

The cavalry have been here for a few hours and are working on a fix, including some impressive shinning up the pole!

Last but one message from SSEN reckoned it should be back on by 6pm but that’s now been updated to 9pm :roll_eyes:

At least Vodafone 4G is working, hence being able to post this!

16 Likes