Today I have mainly been V5.0

Hahah, I know - Next time you’re down lunch is on me

Go on, spill the beans, what is the office system made up of. Usually only see pics of a turntable.

Waifs & strays

1 Like

After finding out the freezer compartment of my ff has self defrosted again :man_facepalming:(2nd time in as many weeks), trawling the online shops & settling on and ordering a bargaintastic Hisense double door american style jobbie. :person_shrugging:t4:
All I have to do now is totally rearrange my kitchen so it fits in! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Shaving my head and remembering how nice (wierd) it feels, quality cooling post shave balm was applied! :baby:t3:

3 Likes

Just popped out to put a couple of letters in the post box, turned the porch light on and this healthy looking fella paused on our bottom step.

Always a pleasure as most we see on our road are flat.

23 Likes

We get quite a few. Mostly healthy, but have had to take a couple to Tiggywinkles.

4 Likes

Mumsnet time.
I’m a fat cunt. Recently I broke through the 170kg barrier which is well on the way to being craned out of a removed window to appear on some daytime chat show.
All while trying to lose weight I just can’t seem to stop snacking. Exercise is difficult when you can’t feel your feet (PN) and you’re a lazy twat so a friend of the wife’s suggested I try the latest in pharmaceutical appetite suppression, no not meth, Mounjaro. She’d had some success on it and there was a special offer.
I’m into my second month on the stuff and aside from some truly worrying stomach noises and evil smelling wind I’ve lost nearly 7kg. A drop in the ocean of blubber that is my gut but already it’s easier to wipe my arse and getting up off the sofa now has a lower degree of sighing and groaning. I eat about a quarter of what I used to, anything more and I feel stuffed. It’s weird, feeling full has never really stopped me eating, now I get to a point and just gag if I try to eat more.
So if like me you are a chunky fucker and would like to see your toes never mind your cock again it might be worth a go. Some doctors may even prescribe it, not mine the useless fucker so it’s eating my watch fund but I’m looking at it as an investment, I’ll probably live longer and earn enough in the long run to make the money up. Plus I feel a bit better too. Bonus.
I’m using a place called the Phlo Clinic which are apparently pretty reputable, will cross check your existing meds for bad interactions and follow up professionally rather than selling you knock off crap, but other places are probably available.
If you’re considering an Amazon search for something to help you wipe your arse or investing in a Japanese toilet to blast the claggnutts free then maybe have a go? Or not.

23 Likes

Not looked, is this an Ozempic type thing?

It’s similar but an evolution of it, apparently. Equalizes blood sugar and slows digestion to make you feel fuller, longer so they say.
It certainly does that. Ive never really ‘got’ the common cry of ‘don’t eat that you’ll spoil your dinner’ or ‘how can you eat that? You’ve just had a massive dinner’. No I like the taste of peanut M&Ms so I’m going to trough this whole sharing bag in 5 minutes. Now however I’m struggling to eat a small pot of chocolate mousse 2 hours after dinner.
It’s ruinously fucking expensive but when your daughter begs you to lose weight cos she’s scared you’ll die it’s kind of a wake up call.

3 Likes

Thanks Julian, I’ve not looked into it but the results are very encouraging - keep it up

1 Like

Just checked a couple of the sites that sell it. They ask lots of questions - your BMI, medical history and current medication. Also, they require your doctor/surgery details so they can inform them that you’ve bought the weight loss medication.
Assuming they did this with you, did your doctor contact you or make any comment?

Yeah I had to jump through the hoops and provide a list of current meds, doctors details, etc.
I’ve not had any feedback from my doctor although my surgery seems to currently be a loose rotation of locums so they probably moved on before getting around to it.
The wife has also decided to go on it and she had to provide proof of id etc because I was already registered to the address.
I have experienced some acid reflux at night but only once or twice.

1 Like

Just had my first job interview in 17 years.

Fucking hell, I didn’t expect the Spanish inquisition. :frowning:

4 Likes

Day out in deepest Cornwall
,about to go on my favourite train journey. Admittedly I don’t have a list of favourite train journeys ,and this is only 12 minutes to st Ives

14 Likes

Been meaning to photograph this for ages, one for @murrayjohnson

So today on my shopping trip I stopped for five minutes (on Yell)

It’s been intact since we first moved here but last winter it finally succumbed to the effects of the weather

It’s obviously unsafe now but I would have loved to have had a good rummage around the stuff inside. There’s a lot of furniture and at least two pianos, gawd knows what else is in there

2 Likes

Woodworm ?

2 Likes

I remember seeing that on the drive up

1 Like

Original features ripe for sympathetic renovation and the possibility to customise your modernisation if you are an estate agent.

1 Like

Records…Get in there.

1 Like