Today I have mainly been V5.0

Yesterday Amy went on her first date. A lad invited her to the cinema to see the latest Jurassic Park film.
We had not met him before now, but he seemed a nice chap so my baseball bat wasn’t required….
He opened the door for her and paid for the tickets and popcorn.
We watched them go in to the Odeon.

Safely delivered we decided to visit the local Wren kitchen emporium, the cat was clearly scared to death by the prices.

Having escaped financially unharmed from there, we passed a high class furniture shop.

:rofl::face_vomiting:

We were hungry after that so popped for a burger and chips in Pets R Dead.

Cooper was tired after all of that.

13 Likes

Yesterday was a busy day, test drove some EV cars (another today) and then lots of clearing in the garden. Real slash and burn tactics to get it all under control, at least the window to the back of the garage is usable, just need to carry on and remove the climing plant that’s all over the back of the roof!

Lots of clearing down the side of the house for access, removing holly bushes and opening up all the air bricks. This has probably caused some of the musty smell in some of the rooms as pretty much three sides of the house they were covered up with overgrown vegetation.

Big pile of stuff to get collected

And inside, removing some of the old/dusty carpets to reveal some lovely floorboards, plan is to remove a lot of these old carpets (Viv is not doing well with the dust) and then look at replacing at a later date when budget allows.

And of course, a lot of the old single core radiators need replacing.

13 Likes

And another area of the garden uncovered in the last couple of weeks. None of this was visable when we bought the house, removing lots of Ivy and Holly trees.

9 Likes

If it’s the hidden valley near launceston you have my sympathy.

I assume this is an organised place.
Seriously good effort kids.

How times change , if I said to Marley let’s go scrumping today she’d look at me like talking a different language.
But that’s something we all did as kids around where I grew up.

Mrs P is away at a wedding so up bright and early with Marley for a little ride and breakfast

15 Likes

Classic car do with dad

Some roundy roundy engine thing :sunglasses:

Little and large

5 Likes

It was indeed. I think we spent about 45 mins in total at the talking toilet.

1 Like

A workmate regales everyone of his visit many years ago where everyone was ushered towards the barn. Moments later , the highlight of his visit . A pig eating weetabix off of a spoon.

I can honestly say the highlight of my visit was leaving.

2 Likes

Should have gone to Pompey man

4 Likes

Finishing the first fix electrics on the extension. My Bessy is back Tuesday so hoping to progress and the plan is have Christmas dinner in there

And if all goes to plan a post Chrisso SW meat up

3 Likes

Walkies around Swanwick this morning, met some new dinner, sorry, friends!

4 Likes

Charolais?
More bloody immigrants!

1 Like

Rob, if you are after a kitchen try your local kutchenhaus franchise. They supply Nobilia. They quoted us 13k for what wren quoted as 26k.

3 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Actual photography

Faffing around with an insurance company to get my bar bill paid.
Their standard travel and accident policy claim forms do not cover this and the person on the end of the phone acknowledges that I am covered, but has no idea how to process the claim.
All quite funny really

1 Like

WTF?!

I’m genuinely confused that a bar bill (assuming this is the “hole in 1” one) could remotely be covered by insurance.

I am extremely puzzled, as well.
Who knew such a thing, was real.

It is pretty standard on Golf Insurance policies

There are caveats, it doesn’t cover a round with your mates. it must be in an official club competition or tournamant

1 Like

Today I have been updating my life …
I was dozy enough to have my main email address supplied by the ISP and now that they been given the Heave Ho that address will shut down. Changing addresses has mostly been OK but there are just a few that just why? why? why? does this have to be so difficult when we have 2 step authentication.
I’m calming down now with an early glass of Malbec.
It is quite cleansing to delete all those old contacts/suppliers who you’ve not been in contact with for years.I feel so young and freee [in my dreams]!