Today I have mainly been V5.0

Just buy a cheap domain name, then you have your own email address, forever.

Iā€™m semi retired so I donā€™t need that profile. Iā€™ve gone for gmail ā€¦ and a second glass of wine.

3 Likes

Yesterday I finally got around to buying a couple of moderately expensive rose bushes, some special compost and 2 big pots.

Then I planted mum in them.

30 Likes

Liked, despite initially reading that as ā€œexplosiveā€.

Which had me mildly confused.

1 Like

Nice thought Rob

1 Like

This pisses me off though.

My Dad died in 1997 and he had a wee (6" * 4"?) granite plaque in the garden of remembrance that cost Ā£25.

I collected it five years later when its time was up - itā€™s still in the back yard.

I was sent, unsolicited, the catalogue for my mother in 2018. The same thing was Ā£950.

Absolutely fuck off you fucking ghouls.

Respect to you @Rob998 for doing something nice instead.

3 Likes

She loved roses, and asked to be scattered around a nice rose bush, but i wasnā€™t really comfortable just finding some random bush for her to be dusted around until she got washed awayā€¦

I decided sheā€™d probably be quite happy with my solution and it means when we downsize in a few years she can come with us.

16 Likes

Misty Pinchbeck sunset for this eveningā€™s doggo walkā€¦

Iā€™ve really done fuck-all today apart from a bit of cleaning, cook tea and swat the ever-present mosquito hordesā€¦

Fen_Diagram

14 Likes

standing on our version of the American ā€œstoopā€ having a whisky and a vape.

Neighbour goes past sailing through the air attached to a dog lead with a very strong ~18 month Weimaraner on the other end.

They both pause for long enough for neighbour to make eye contact and shout ā€œFOX!ā€ before he gets dragged off and they disappear into the distance.

14 Likes

This is a feeling I know well - couple of days ago, emerging from the house, squirrel on the lawnā€¦ I was a passenger for the next 25mā€¦

The squirrel was fine.

4 Likes

Woke up at 3.30am. I had been dreaming that I was a serial killer, and was eating someoneā€™s brain. Shocked me awake, felt sick and had to get up and go watch a film to get it out of my head. Lovely start to the day.

6 Likes

Dreams are a portal to the real you. HTHs.

1 Like

Oh fuck, heā€™s going to Settle!

5 Likes

Dream or premonition, eh?

depends, in your dream did you weigh the brains with a set of coffee scales and then put them on a pizza made with 00 artisan flour and cook them in an Ooni constantly checking the temperature with a calibrated thermometer gun?

12 Likes

Never seen a private yacht moored up in central Bordeaux before, itā€™s normally just cruise boats, but today this little number was there: AVIVA Yacht - Abeking & Rasmussen

One for the footballists - appears to be owned by Joe Lewis who owns Tottenham.

Iā€™m surprised that there arenā€™t more of them. Seems an obvious destination to me.

1 Like

They seem to stick pretty solidly within the Mediterranean during summer, and then bugger off to the Caribbean during the winter months. When you consider the route, itā€™s a fair old trek to get a boat round from the Med just to get to Bordeaux.

1 Like

These are not imaginative peopleā€¦

1 Like

Unless, of course, they on their way to or from the Thames.