Today I have mainly been

They have gone. I feel asleep on the sofa with the headphones on (only possible with Stax IME) so missed the worst of it.

I’m using the headphones because when I plugged in my backup amp today I discovered is kaput too.

Gods of hi-fi 2, Me nil.

:worried:

EDIT: MOAR SHOPPING for toys so it is not all bad. Ordered some little bits and bobs today, so it is on to the big stuff now.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like a good plan.

It’s took you how long,

Eh? Have you rinsed your bong out recently. You’re a tad incomprehensible there.

Not so much today, but this evening, one thing has led to another and I have uncovered a quadruple plumbing clusterfuck:

1. Our <2 year old boiler is leaking,
  2. The central heating pressure has dropped again (not related to 1 - different circuit) - so somewhere there’s a slow leak…
  3. Two hot water taps with failed washers and no isolating valves so I can’t DIY
  4. AND drains are blocking on 2 floors!

This is going to be expensive…

I thought that was you gone, fired, and glazed upon oi oi’s shelf…I guess not

Bonged no, bunged yes

Given the amount of work it might well make sense to get a tradesman in and spread his fixed overheads over all four jobs.

But if you fancied having a go at the tap washers then you could try one of the freezing kits. On a low-pressure system it might give you enough time to cut the pipe and slap a compression isolating valve on the end, or even a push-fit one if the pipe is in good shape, so you can then work on the tap at leisure. Obviously if the pipe is v close to the wall, so pre-cleaning it then cutting it cleanly and quickly is hard, then this might not be an option.

VB

2 Likes

I have watched the water company engineers, freeze a mains line, and CRIMP!!! a plastic mains line.

Going to bite the bullet on this - luckily we do have a good plumber locally :+1:

Today will be largely doing fuck all interspersed with being taken out by Hel to buy me a new pair of running shoes and out for a Mexican tonight.

1 Like

… Contracting man-flu. :disappointed:

IIRC @MGOwner might know this place

3 Likes

Completing and submitting my online 2016-17 self-assessment form for HMRC. A job consisting entirely of tedious detail at the end of which neither of us turns out to owe the other anything.

VB

6 Likes

Repairing a very old Voyd single phase psu. All the little 3 legged buggers replaced as the sand genie appeared to have escaped from them all, then replaced all the lytic caps because they were v old.

Seems to be holding out so far and spinning the 3 motors ok :grin:

5 Likes

Little Venice way??

Nope, Marylebone High Street

Very similiar, can’t remember the name , I think Duke of Yorks, used to go upstairs for nice thai

The glass looks like The Angel but the interior (while it has basically been retained) has been moved around. Or it may just be the photo angle. It’s been a while since we we’ve been.

2 Likes