Today I have mainly been

Pond cleaning and border clearing.
Just had a BBQ and settling down with a nice red.

VB

That’s not my old one is it?

6 Likes

Hel has now started fire :fire:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Did Ursula turn up?

She’s never liked Redcar, so No. :disappointed:

2 Likes

More of a Seaton Carew girl, I imagine

2 Likes

I broke her already.

Today, I have mostly been digging a pond…

8 Likes

Two words : Time Team. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fuck off, if that Baldrick twat comes round here it’ll be a grave :rage:

2 Likes

You could make it into a very cool 70s sunken lounge though the carpet might get damp

I could always wear my Tena men :thumbsup:

You could sell the turf that’s piled up on the left to Stu :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been burning shit.

Nearly as much fun as climbing trees.

nursing a hangover

Today, I have mainly been gardening. Mowed both lawns, then decided to do some hedge trimming…

The last person to use the hedge trimmer had put it almost exactly under the leak in the shed roof and the reciprocating blades had rusted together. I know about the leak (and no, I can’t be arsed to fix it) so never put anything in that area, so seeing as the kids would either be severely maimed and/or in a Y.O.I. if they had used them it must have been Claire. Obviously she denied it. Anyway, I digress…

After I had managed to free the blades I set about the dozens of meters of hedges in the back garden, then had a beer, then tackled the horrible firethorn hedge that separates the front garden from the pavement. I decided to leave the 20 odd year old laurel that divides our garden from next door, because it’s a bastard of a job and my hedge trimmer struggles with it so it ends up being a combination of a bowsaw and loppers and a total ball ache.

Naturally, just as I thought I’d finished, my next door neighbour came out and asked if I was going to trim the laurel because it encroaches on to their driveway…

Obviously I can’t really object to doing it because it’s our hedge and it was taking a good couple of feet or more of their driveway up and to be fair they said if I decided to get someone in they’d go halves.

I thought “fuck it”, got the saw out and took their side right back to the main trunks. 30’ of it took about an hour and half which was pretty good going IMHO, and resulted in a massive pile of cuttings which took up about a quarter of their front garden. Again to be fair they said that they’d take it to the tip so I was grateful for small mercies. I still need to take about 6’ off the height, but am seriously considering buying a chainsaw for that…

And I chainsawed some shit.

Frightening.

1 Like