Toe spreaders

They do crocs with fleecy liners now. Pink ones would be perfect for Dom

Not Aform tho. They are mostly a little narrow which suit me.
But yes, the other lasts are on the wider side.

Very nice boots and a great company to deal with.

@dom theres a decent polfed discount if you do try Altberg.

1 Like

Agreed, I’ve had a pair of so-called ‘Warrior’ milspec boots I bought very lightly used as walking/dogwalking boots for the last 3 years - best I’ve owned, used in all weathers, but starting to come apart now. Earned their living though.

Altberg will do a refurb for you.

1 Like

Not exactly 
 I have supination (maybe over-supination ?). It’s associated with a tight Achilles tendon and a tendency to sprain or break your ankle (I’ve broken one and sprained the other) and also with high arches. The latter concentrate the load into the heel and the ball of the foot which can be bloody painful if you walk very far, as I’m in the habit of doing sometimes. Personalised orthoses help.

I’d also vote for Alt-Bergs. Wiki says Catterick garrison is the largest British Army garrison in the world and Alt-Berg are based just outside the Catterick fence. That’s not a coincidence. They sell a lot of boots to soldiers and the police.

Thank you, but looking at altberg even if different widths it will still be pushed in at the big toe.

To give you an idea this is my running shoes vs work shoes. It’s a wide tie box and the big toe can go out not be pushed on. My current work shoes are about as wide a toe box I could find in a sturdy shoe.

The only types of shoe that give this toe box shape seem to be barefoot shoes. Like these for example, but they look like they wouldn’t last a month at work

Have a word with the boot maker, see if he will custom make a pair for you. Dont have time at the mo, but @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion can point you in his direction.

1 Like

Sounds suspiciously expensive, considering it’s going to get covered it people juice and faeces might not be ideal. Happy to pay up to £160-200 for decent ones.

Hold on I came here asking about toe spreaders and now I’m looking at spending £200 on new boots :expressionless:

1 Like

In which case, alt berg high volume last. I have a pair, brilliant things. Get thee to Richmond and they will measure foot volume and you get to try all the boots for that size and volume. At 200 quid you are buying off the shelf. They do make the police motorcycle boots, you may get a discount?

I can’t think of another boot maker that offers the lasts that altberg do.

No need to go to the dirty north, Altberg Premier dealers can do the measurement.

Probably need to take a leaf from Japanman and bind them for a bit to get them back in shape

1 Like

Be happy there’s no advise to use foo cables as laces.

A few mates who are in the job use Alt-Bergs and they do get a decent discount, about ÂŁ50 iirc.

Started off as a skiffle outfit before moving on to rockabilly circa 85

3 Likes

The closest I could find is a German safety shoe manufacturer that is quite respected around here.
I have their office type safety shoe I’m very content with.

Apart from wide sizes they have an orthopedic model:
https://elten.com/en/technologies/dialution-for-demanding-feet/
Low version (German site with price)

High version (German site with price)

The widest safety shoe I ever had with plenty space for my toes is by Jallatte that I have had since my traineeship in 1988, but I can’t find that model anywhere. Maybe they still have that footbed in their current programme. Good luck with your search.

That’s good, especially if they have all the boots too.

Decent pair of steel-toecapped wellies - and then YOU can be the one jeering when your colleagues are picking lumps of tramp out of their welts

NPS Solovair then, unless they are a bit tight 'round the toes too.

Have you considered clown shoes?

These

• Removable, anatomically shaped cork-microfiber footbed
  • Material: water-resistant microfiber (WRU)
  • Footbed lining: microfiber
  • Sole: nitrile rubber (SRC)
  • Details: steel toe (200 joules) with scratch-resistant toe cap; penetration-resistant, metal-free, nonslip, and oil- and petrol-resistant outsole (P, SRC, FO); energy absorption around heel (E); antistatic protection (A)
  • Safety shoe certified in accordance with EN ISO 20345:2011
  • Protection category S3
2 Likes