Tools you have bought/desire

New Digital Bore gauge,

5 Likes

ah an instrument for measuring the quality of the outputs of the shit joke thread.

4 Likes

Decided to buy the matching Dewalt stand. Highly recommended. Just test cut some 1" ply, like a hot knife through butter. :slight_smile:
Should have bought one of these years ago.

First project is a portable dust collection cyclone to connect to the sawdust.

5 Likes

I bought one of these and connected it to an old Vax, ideal for the job. I reckon one could be knocked up from an old 30l bin or somesuch.

3 Likes

Im gonna use a decent size bucket with a lid. Im short of floor space so it needa to be small and compact.
Im going make some sort of frame on castors with the vac at the bottom and the cyclone bucket above.
Need to get thinking…

1 Like

This guy is probably my favourite youtube woodworker. If you haven’t seen him it’s well worth watching a few.

3 Likes

3 Likes

He is inventive - But personally unhappy about his safety e.g. the way he picks up bits of wood very near to moving blades

This afternoon’s output is a, large enough for most jobs, Crosscut sled and a cyclone dust collection system. Thinking about mounting the cyclone drum on the garage wall out of the way, the 5m hose means i can reach everywhere, it works brilliantly, has made a massive difference to the mess the saw creates. Sod all dust in the vac which is great.

9 Likes

Nice setup Graham!

Sort of counts, this Bosch Stud/Metal/Power detector arrived today, certainly helped with installing the GIK Panels.

1 Like

Be very careful with those as they can be a bit hit and miss on modern constructed properties

1 Like

I agree, I have one of those and it is not entirely reliable

A nice old, but new, 4tpi to saw. Works a treat, just splitting a plank of rippled sycamore

9 Likes

We have a late 40s/early 50s house, seems to be very consistent where we have tried it so far.

It certainly helps without shooting in the dark.

Weird ! Just thinking (sort of) of you @BobC

Thought (again) of selling my Spitfire valve headphone stand (remember those ?) in aid of the forum funds, but I just can’t bring myself to do it, despite not having owned headphones for a few years.

A thing of beauty and irreplaceable.

1 Like

Cross cut sleds are soooooo useful. I have a few of different sizes. Easy peazy to make a mitre sled as well.

1 Like

if you feel like you want to sell it, and keep it in te “family”, it could join the amp I bought from BobC let me know - i could make use of it.

Won’t be selling. It was one of Bob’s earliest creations and, as I say, irreplaceable.

1 Like

The sled will see equal if not more action than rip fence. If I had more space I’d have sliding mitre saw, as it stands the Dewalt has to be the jack of all trades, will make a mitre jig / sled when I have need for one.

1 Like

Ditto this

1 Like