Tools you have bought/desire

Yes I had decent results with ply with supplied blade - I have just replaced it with a 25 tooth Freud pro I saw it recommended somewhere. The old blade was starting to scorch plywood a little.

2 Likes

This. I’ve had two tablesaws both of which I swapped in Freuds.

Also put a Freud in my 6inch Dewalt circular saw.

This only serious criticism I have is the noise level and type of sound. It’s got a nasty whine. Get a pair of -30dB ear defenders sharpish if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Ive turned it on but not cut anything yet. Agree it’s loud, will use ear (and eye) protection for sure.

1 Like

Shiny

1 Like

10 Likes

jim - where is that from?

A friend sent it on whatsapp Simon, not sure where he got it. Simple but clever…

by the same artist apparently

FABIO MOTOS FRANCA

Bahco RX 8130"Rx-Series" Oval Head Diagonal Cutter, Multi-Colour, 0.2-1.0 mm

eBay have 15% off (Code: PLATINUM) which makes some things a bargain:

Wera Joker spanners (cheapest I’ve ever seen them, £140 with discount)

Wera chiseldriver set (£42 vs £51.45 on Amazon):

Facom sapnners (£61.20):

2 Likes
1 Like

New Digital Bore gauge,

5 Likes

ah an instrument for measuring the quality of the outputs of the shit joke thread.

4 Likes

Decided to buy the matching Dewalt stand. Highly recommended. Just test cut some 1" ply, like a hot knife through butter. :slight_smile:
Should have bought one of these years ago.

First project is a portable dust collection cyclone to connect to the sawdust.

5 Likes

I bought one of these and connected it to an old Vax, ideal for the job. I reckon one could be knocked up from an old 30l bin or somesuch.

3 Likes

Im gonna use a decent size bucket with a lid. Im short of floor space so it needa to be small and compact.
Im going make some sort of frame on castors with the vac at the bottom and the cyclone bucket above.
Need to get thinking…

1 Like

This guy is probably my favourite youtube woodworker. If you haven’t seen him it’s well worth watching a few.

3 Likes

3 Likes

He is inventive - But personally unhappy about his safety e.g. the way he picks up bits of wood very near to moving blades