Tools you have bought/desire

Moar tools!

5 Likes

Somewhat tool related, finally got round to buying some racking to tidy up the garage/workshop on my first day of the next week on annual leave. Loads more room for DIY speaker activities and possibly classic car dispair in the future! :wink:

6 Likes

The propā€™s a nice feature :+1:.

I know a guy whose ā€˜builderā€™ extended one of his bedrooms over a patio area. The two projecting walls were supported on RSJs which, in turn, were supported on an Acrow. At the end of the job he built a brick ā€˜pillarā€™ around the Acrow, leaving the prop in situ. I donā€™t know how much of the load is now being taken by the pillar and how much by the prop. Nor, I suspect, does the builder.

4 Likes

That prop tho! :joy:

I have workshop envy - weā€™re probably 5 years off sorting the trap house outā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed the acrowprop as the roof is not just a distortion artifactā€¦

Weā€™ve a roofer coming in to look at it in April along with bits of the house!

Is that span timber or steel?

This was the trap-house garage four years ago - the white beam was 3 x 2"-thick timbers bolted-together with spacers: some clown of a bodger had ingeniously devised a way to make it look like a single piece of timber while ensuring it was inadequate for the job of holding up a storeyā€™s worth of brickworkā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:
The bow in it was worse than the pic makes it look, and the entire corner of the building was bellying out. Ended-up with 20 props holding nearly half the building up! Now rebuilt with heavy-duty blocks inside and Georgian brick outside where you can see it, plus 100kg of reinforced RSJ (total overkill, but Brunel reasonsā€¦).

4 Likes

Itā€™s timber. The whole flat roof needs replacing anyway.

Be satisfying to do the job right :+1:

Jaysus !! I parked there :flushed:

1 Like

Once it started to move - the problem got worse increasingly rapidly. That first pic was less than a year after Samā€™s and my wedding. Another ~4 months and I reckon that end of the building would have collapsed with Samā€™s NSX inside itā€¦ :sob:

LISTENING ROOM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

You need to come visit, I do not want for Listening Roomage - it is one of the few benefits of living in the East Mudlands.

Mind, the top floor of the Trap House is even bigger, and hornableā€¦

Trouble is I will be a wholly deaf withered bed-bound psychogeriatric homunculus by the time itā€™s sortedā€¦

Life is too fucking short! :angry:

2 Likes

Your rationalizations have been passed on to audiomagistratesan

I see, life is about to get shorterā€¦ :open_mouth:

Will have to sort out a south west to east country visit to you and Jimā€™s.
Was in cambridge area yesterday

3 Likes

Yep, plan: - got room for a number of West Cuntry wurzels to stop o/n here :+1:

1 Like

The ā€˜Iā€™ve got too much listening spaceā€™ā€¦ ā€˜and itā€™s not full of hornā€™, will doubtless conjure a dim view.

1 Like

Should have dropped in.

2 Likes

Sit down, and take a deep breath, think calming thoughts, brace yourselfā€¦

[sensitive types should not read the following]

So, since Iā€™m in a confessional mood - Iā€™ve not yet heard a set of horns that fully-convinced me they were worth what will either be vast cost, or, more likely, vast faffā€¦

Iā€™m not even all that into jazzā€¦ . . .

Just execute me now, no need for a trialā€¦

5 Likes

Sadly my engine warning light came back on and was desperate to get it back home,hopefully it will be sorted/binned next week.Plus I slept in the back of the car and was shattered. Need to slow down now Iā€™ve hit 40 :+1:

1 Like