Tools you have bought/desire

The mind garden is somewhat disturbed

2 Likes

This stuff (anti slip mat) is really good at work holding and protecting items from being bashed about on a bench.
The grip is stong enough to router on.
35% off

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trend-Non-Slip-Mat-preventing-slipping/dp/B004NQQ4BG/ref=rtpb_sccl_2/258-9796811-4285431?pd_rd_w=YOpgH&content-id=amzn1.sym.014a11d5-a961-46bc-909e-26faf4713c62&pf_rd_p=014a11d5-a961-46bc-909e-26faf4713c62&pf_rd_r=A1BQZ0188YT4F5SXSAQE&pd_rd_wg=1yEx7&pd_rd_r=7fdb632a-9499-4a5c-b65c-0676cfa11f2d&pd_rd_i=B004NQQ4BG&psc=1

What’s it like with dust/keeping clean?

I shake dust off or sometimes use the vac.
I don’t sand on it but have use the router multiple times and its good.

It hangs around and gets used as work piece protection from my grotty work bench.

1 Like

Good enough for me! I was having trouble with routing this week, having to use various bits of offcuts to clamp smaller workpieces together.

Visions of Bob in Jodhpurs now haunt the mind garden

1 Like

The protection used is zero. Disappoint at lack of limb removal. Use of girl in tight leggings noted.

Doing larger by hand :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the only bit of protection worth wearing in that instance is the glasses they have, and the addition of some gloves for white knuckle reasons. No way that’s going to hit anyone’s legs, and a helmet / visor isn’t going to stop shit.

Have used the previous generation of that saw. It’s frankly fucking terrifying.

You would have to go some but a chain flying off isn’t unknown. Popping it in some guided vertical tracks would be safer, but yank you tubers are a law unto themselves. There’s not a shortage of vids of them going tits up, which passes an evening nicely.

That didn’t work

Anyone know which type of wrench I need for this central bolt?

needle nose pliers would probably work.

DATASS78

Couple of nails of the right diameter held in a bench vice - file the points down, natch.

Circlip pliers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Brand-4-Piece-Internal-External/dp/B08P5GMLQ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_ffob_sspa?crid=RQZ342RDGIE9&keywords=circlip+pliers&qid=1677595025&sprefix=circlip%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

1 Like

Perhaps a ‘spanner’ bit.

1 Like

Hook and pin adjustable, lots around.

There would have been an original fixed size tool for this, probably made by the scissor manufacturer, similar to this Fein 2 pin tools for one of their tools.

3 Likes

Thanks Bob! Ordered a pin wrench. :+1::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Nepros ratchet in gold.

1 Like

Since I discovered its existence this morning, I have a deep desire to own a Kunz Spoon:

Unavoidable fact-of-life when you get to my age…

4 Likes