Tools you have bought/desire

Tool = Festool. Lovery bit of kit as always.

8 Likes

Just got a good deal on screws in Screwfix

£10 discount from £30 to £20 then another 10% off for code on the app

Big old box of 1400 screws for £17

1 Like

Should have said, 10% off everything via the app

I’m after a twin ~30V/5A Bench DC PSU as a Fathers Day present for my Dad, is there a particular brand to go for or just wing it with an Amazon lucky dip?
It’s for him to be playing around with Pi/Logic Boards/Sensors/Motors etc for a Charity who make one-off custom disablity aids for people.
Looking through RS/Farnell there are loads of various models.

Update - Ended up with an RS Pro model for piece of mind.

After trashing two ratchets on the Landy it was time to fork out for a decent half inch drive, this didn’t disappoint.

Needed a 32mm spanner to free up the gearbox drain plug, Facom ordered. Did the job, required one foot and serious leg power to shift it.

7 Likes

Nice, I’m a sucker for Wera kit!

1 Like

I love an AA claw

1 Like

I’ve just upgraded…

1 Like

Time for a decent, ie safe, trolley jack. 3T and over 50cm lift with low profile too boot.

9 Likes

Last weekend I decided to paint the garage door and put up a wind chime. Running around like a blue arsed fly trying to find the sanding mouse thing I know I own but can I find it? Can I bollocks.
Google threw multitools as the ‘new’ sanding hotness at me, also good for utterly fucking anything I put my hand to so I’ll have one of those please. Unfortunately they are only sold ‘naked’ without having to wait for delivery, and fuck that noise. So a new drill with 2 batteries included it is (to be fair my old drill eats batteries, smells funny when in use and is as weak as my resistance to a new watch). One sprained credit card down at screw fix and some lovely blue plastic is coming home with me.

After charging it all up it was too late to do anything so next weekend it is.

7 Likes

Releasing your inner Reg Prescott is to be applauded.

2 Likes

Used a mates Makita orbital sander to do a front door a few weeks ago. Really good tool if you need one for biggish areas. His was the corded version

3 Likes

By which time you will have found the old one

1 Like

I assumed the simple act of buying the new stuff would have caused the old one to condense out of the vacuum within 20 minutes of the new arriving. That’s always the way here …

3 Likes

I have a multi tool one which are great for cutting architraves if you are putting laminate or floor tiles down.
The problem with the sander part,and the same for mouse sanders is that they melt the Velcro part if you work them to hard,meaning you keep having to buy new pads. They are great for a bit of skirting or window sills. The art is trying to keep them flat,and not putting to much pressure on the pointy bits.

Personally,if you have to do the garage door every two or three years,I’d spend a bit more on an orbital

2 Likes

Cheers, I’ll keep that in mind. It’s only the side access door not the double up and over so fingers crossed I won’t melt it although fists of ham and all that.
Anyway if it does go all tits up. Another new tool yes.

1 Like