Tools you have bought/desire

This afternoon’s output is a, large enough for most jobs, Crosscut sled and a cyclone dust collection system. Thinking about mounting the cyclone drum on the garage wall out of the way, the 5m hose means i can reach everywhere, it works brilliantly, has made a massive difference to the mess the saw creates. Sod all dust in the vac which is great.

9 Likes

Nice setup Graham!

Sort of counts, this Bosch Stud/Metal/Power detector arrived today, certainly helped with installing the GIK Panels.

1 Like

Be very careful with those as they can be a bit hit and miss on modern constructed properties

1 Like

I agree, I have one of those and it is not entirely reliable

A nice old, but new, 4tpi to saw. Works a treat, just splitting a plank of rippled sycamore

9 Likes

We have a late 40s/early 50s house, seems to be very consistent where we have tried it so far.

It certainly helps without shooting in the dark.

Weird ! Just thinking (sort of) of you @BobC

Thought (again) of selling my Spitfire valve headphone stand (remember those ?) in aid of the forum funds, but I just can’t bring myself to do it, despite not having owned headphones for a few years.

A thing of beauty and irreplaceable.

1 Like

Cross cut sleds are soooooo useful. I have a few of different sizes. Easy peazy to make a mitre sled as well.

1 Like

if you feel like you want to sell it, and keep it in te “family”, it could join the amp I bought from BobC let me know - i could make use of it.

Won’t be selling. It was one of Bob’s earliest creations and, as I say, irreplaceable.

1 Like

The sled will see equal if not more action than rip fence. If I had more space I’d have sliding mitre saw, as it stands the Dewalt has to be the jack of all trades, will make a mitre jig / sled when I have need for one.

1 Like

Ditto this

1 Like

Really good light but strong shears very cheap

1 Like

9 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Also loppers -This time much cheaper than normal in Germany

Just bought the shears :+1:

1 Like

A tool for my tools, going to give this a go and see if it reduces the time taken to keep blades sharp and still provide a keen edge. At 3000 (2 micron) it should do the job.

3 Likes

Not encouraging to see it being demonstrated with a chisel that way round mind!

Don’t the smaller ones double up better as screwdrivers if they’re ground that way ?

VB

3 Likes