3 Likes

Another mind bending migrating bird flight

8 Likes
2 Likes

Another sultry day in Richmond Park late Oct…and Stonechats out in the bracken

Imgur

10 Likes

Do you live in the area?

SiL #2 is basically above it in Roehampton.

1 Like

Yes I live in Norbiton, Kingston Gate side of the Park.

1 Like
1 Like

Amazing behaviour

5 Likes

BBC News - Attacked owl rescued by fishing crew 100 miles out to sea

A beautiful looking thing.

4 Likes

Rubbish photo and massive crop but spotted two White Tailed Eagles over WWT Arundel today - surrounded by Red Kites, Peregrines, Crows and Buzzards: most Birds of Prey I’ve ever seen in one go :wink:

Imgur

9 Likes

Sign of the times :frowning_face:

I was aware of it but they’ve only just published the report. Stunning birds and I’m not optimistic that they’ll return.

I heard a thing briefly on the radio today about Ospreys I think it was.

Something about the first potential breeding pair? Think it may have been on Radio 4 but was on phone at time so didn’t really hear it all.

Must have been first breeding pair for a particular county, there are around 300 breeding pairs in Britain.

Poole had a breeding pair this year IIRC

There was some discussion about them on here after Ospreys were seen at Lopwell

1 Like

I think they were just passing through.

:grinning:

5 Likes

At this time of year our resident Golden Plover population is swelled by the addition of wintering birds arriving from Northern Europe.

Imgur

This is just a small part of an impressive flock of more than 1,000 birds flying around in a Starling-like murmuration.

Imgur

9 Likes

Sweet guy gets lovely shots of Golden Plovers

2 Likes

Finding a rarity or seeing a bird for the first time is something special, but to find one that hasn’t been recorded for 140 years is off the scale!

The utter joy of the field biologist from PNG is palpable (scroll down for the YouTube video)

5 Likes