Ugh, estate agents

I have a short list of requirements.

I have realised that I really don’t like people, well more like that I don’t like neighbours so I would like somewhere detached.
Music reasons too, I don’t want to worry about thin walls.
I am thinking of my decreptitude so want to buy a place I can retire in on the level with at least a downstairs bog.
I want to be in reach of Brighton for gigs and mates reasons
I don’t want a mortgage or a maintenance money pit
I hate gardening
I like being near the sea
Edit: Decent broadband is added to the list
Apart from the gardening requirement that rules out Brighton and Hove on my budget

So that means Saltdean to Newhaven going east and Portslade to Worthing going west.

2 Likes

Haywards Heath is cheaper than Brighton.

To be honest anywhere in the South East apart from that London is cheaper than Brighton

:+1:

Rottingdean struck me as not really offering enough for the prices that were being asked.

Saltdean is on the list
Going to see a place in Telscombe on Saturday
And a new build in Newhaven tomorrow morning

1 Like

That will be for twee village, smugglers and Kipling reasons (Sorry @stu not for the cakes, the author had a house there)

1 Like

I could put up a thread on here asking for recommendations, but I don’t want to live in a caravan or a Volvo not matter what colour the seats are, nor do I want to spend the value of a house on a Porche (and not have a garage for it)

3 Likes

Porsche

2 Likes

Porch

2 Likes

That’s what northerners think us southerners do

1 Like

I bet you will miss that lovely room in the flat, Kev. Tailor made for the LVs.

New house. Bigger rooms = singing fridges :+1:

2 Likes

Yes it has been great, but from your brief stay down here you will know what I mean about buying a place like it in Brighton

You haven’t seen the room I have now, speakers are 4m apart, and nowhere near a side wall

So not the same place when I saw you last?

Not sure which you have been to?
Basement flat in Brighton or 3rd floor flat in Hove?

Hove

Ah OK, That is why the bigger room comment didn’t click with me as I don’t think a bigger room is going to happen!

1 Like

https://overseasdreams.com/Villa-for-sale-Mijas%20Costa-TOP1372

Tempted by the price.

Go for it, could have a month long bake off👍

2 Likes

Hey Kev does that mean you’re going to go for some nice bookshelf speakers ? :wink: