UK Audio Show 2021 - new venue

In which case I’d give the dealer or importer a body swerve because the use of foo reflects badly on the equipment. The clear implication is that you need these weights to stop the cases resonating or to somehow magically make the kit sound better. Bit of an own goal imo.

LOL, have you ever been to a show? There were no rooms without foo. Foo cables were a minimum - also worthless junk.

No. Never. I don’t go to hifi shops either. I used to work in one when I was 15. I was the ‘Saturday boy’. £5 per day in 1978. Simpler times.

This system sounded to harsh and bright, didn’t like the class D amps.

So these are priced over 100k .

True, but you could spend the same amount on 3 sets of Nordost Odin Gold interconnects. And you’d get nothing that £30 on Amazon wouldn’t get you.

3 Likes

Ok you’ve convinced me, I’ll put my order in for a pair first thing in the morning :grinning:

1 Like

No, don’t - they sounded shite. At least the overpriced interconnects sound the same as the cheap ones. :grinning:

2 Likes

Meridian M20s back from the dead - where they should have stayed…

Speak to Mark at Missing Link/Vinyl Passion who are the dealers for Alan’s Alchris Speakers
Speakers | vinyl-passion-hi-fi (missinglinkcables.co.uk)

Alan has a FB page thats full of info abt the build. Just scroll on past all the food posts :grinning:
(9) Alan Clark | Facebook

2 Likes

Good to know.
The love of Zappa came from Peter then who saw him twice

I liked the M20s I had, not quite as good as the M3 or M10, but you absolutely need a decent pre-amp and source and the bolt on stands. They sound better with vinyl though.

1 Like

Yesterday’s booty

9 Likes

I has the Orange Envy :orange_heart:

1 Like

I repaired and upgraded a pair for someone years ago - they do respond very well to improvements in the amps without needing any pricey foo, but even when everything’s optimised they are not a precise instrument - a mite soft and slow, due primarily to the nature of the drivers.

Impressive. “Challenge accepted” on the note pad is irresistible bait.

1 Like

Here is Alan’s new website.

https://alchrisaudio.co.uk/

6 Likes

Not only did I get those freebies, I just received a phone call saying that I was the winner of a set of cables RCA …lucky me …It’s the trip to USA Audio Show that I want to win :blush::+1:

10 Likes

I think that was me, bloomin ages ago. Was having a meridian phase with 501, 504 and 506 I think.
Didn’t last long, but outlasted my Naim phase :laughing:

I did remember it all sounding significantly better, post fiddling.

2 Likes

I had a couple of pairs of M2’s. They were fine if I had several hours to warm them up.