Vegetable faff šŸ†

Good. Italian friend told me that his nanna would haunt me if I used egg, but I know some people do use it.

Only finely shredded to be tossed over gnocchi with griddled Mediterranean vegetables and then sauce on top.

1 Like

Spuds baked cd ? I vote no egg.

Usually boiled with skins on first then whacked through the ricer on finest setting.

1 Like

nupā€¦only if you are a wannabe M* chef. Actually changes the whole flavour profileā€¦

boil or steam in skins

Not reallyā€¦do give it a rest aye.

4 Likes

Excellent a veg section, these two books arenā€™t exclusive veggie but some of the veggie bits are amazing.

2 Likes

Persiana is brilliant. We use it quite a lot

1 Like

Very much enjoy Sabrinaā€™s recipes :+1:

2 Likes

Then you both need to get on to zaitoun, itā€™s just as good but a Palestinian twist

1 Like

Okay so totally fucked up my gnocchi. Not enough flour.

Gnocchi is really hard to do right. My brother-in-law is Italian. His mother showed me how to make gnocchi. There is a knack to doing them properly. She reckons hers were ok, I reckon they were as good as Iā€™ve ever had. Despite the expert coaching mine are usually laughably poorā€¦

:disappointed:

1 Like

Chin up, you could have deep fried them;

2 Likes

in beef dripping.

They were light and fluffy but lost their shape. Iā€™ve made better and have clues on how to improve.

Elucidate

I was pushing for as light and fluffy as I could get by using as little flour as possible and lightly working the dough, which worked at the expense of structure.

What Iā€™d do next time - put the potatoes through the ricer another time; use a bit more flour, keep the working of the dough the same.

1 Like

we use a drum sieve rather than the ricer

Rather partial to gnocchi baked in a spicy tomato n three cheese sauce until the top of the gnocchi are crispy whilst the bottoms remain soft and fluffy.

Also ā€˜Cheatsā€™ gnocchi made without the spudā€¦I quite like the following Donna Hay recipe.

2 Likes

Hel prefers sautƩed gnocchi for similar reasons of texture I suppose.

SautƩed off with some crispy pancetta n pecorino makes a tasty side dish

3 Likes