WANTED - Aleph 2 Monos

Bloody hell, yahoo Japan, you’re certainly a sucker for punishment

1 Like

Could say that I guess as I do live in America by choice.

I buy loads from Japan tho tbh, mostly records but a handful of TT parts in the past. Not a fan of Yahoo, but the seller appears to have hundreds of positive feedbacks? Clearly a bit more than I wanted to pay tho.

1 Like

Hey Dom, what speakers are you using with your Aleph 2s?

Snell Type A, seems to go really well together. I can’t look at my amps as won’t be home again till Monday, but can have a look and see if they look the same inside.

1 Like

They drove my Acapellas really well, the sound quality was fantastic too, in fact the nicest sounding SS amps I’ve ever heard.
I had to sell them tho because of the heat they generated, just couldn’t live with it.
As you live in California Andrew, I assume you have air-conditioning? The cat loved them :joy:

5 Likes

You hear of main systems and second systems. But it’s rare you hear of a summer and a winter system :grin:

1 Like

That’s just Olan’s department :laughing:

2 Likes

:grinning:

Summer here appears to be cancelled. I put the behemoths back into the system about three weeks ago as clearly the Monsoon had arrived.

1 Like

Bet you were pleased about that today

1 Like

It is a tad warmish…

You can ignore the photo I posted, the seller cancelled my bid, probably a good thing though as too much travel for the amps.

Yes I live in CA but at the beach, shady and breezy, no need for AC as it really never gets hot! Not sure how, must be a well designed little house.

Oh and I just got my money back from the scam!

14 Likes

Great news. Well done.

If you want recreate the experience of having Aleph 2 you could always travel to other parts of CA today. :laughing: :sweat:

Good news on the refund.

Well that is the actual desert! We do actually have a tiny cabin out there totally off grid, solar powered, but haven’t started with sound out there at all. Maybe some low watts & horns situation someday. Where I live its like this, no qualms…

IMG_0768

1 Like

That sounds great!

1 Like

Is that code for we’re crazy preppers?

Boiling hot mate, like the sun.

If you’re North of Santa Barbara cold Pacific upwellings all the way to Canada make the coastline cooler than it might otherwise be. Fucking beautiful part of the World :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I adore it up there! We go to Big Sur all the time, which is a magical place, if you’re familiar with the area. I’m actually in Los Angeles, bit more grimy than Santa Barbara county, but only 2 hours from desert. The off-grid prep we joke about but we’ll see, the pandemic dole ends this week ooft!

I found a guy in Paris with a pair of Aleph 1s. Thoughts? I know these are gigantic and are the last version with 3 gain stages before Pass went down to 2 on the 1.2. But am I right in that the Pass XAs went back to 3 in a similar way? Aside from the heat issue, are there any major reasons to avoid the earlier Alephs? I’ve also toyed with the idea of some JBL 4344’s somewhere down the line, and perhaps the 150wpc would come in handy then?

2 Likes

Definitely not crazy preppers :laughing: its just a real remote place and absolutely silent. Joshua Tree. Quite conducive for music! Not sure the solar can handle class A tho heh

1 Like