Wanted: starter vinyl set up: Part 2 - Pick me big speakers to annoy his parents!

1 Like

Thanks for all the excellent recommendations folks, some fab speakers to choose from - as @Beobloke said above, I’d be tempted by a few of those myself.

I’m sorted now and I’m pretty sure he’ll be absolutely chuffed with them :+1:

2 Likes

Focals? :thinking:

For a £100 donation to cancer research you can have an Arcam 90.2 integrated and Linn LS250 Nexus speakers (no stands and yes yes I know Linn) have also got some LK400 speaker cables I’ll throw in if you want them.

Would have to be collection or abattoir hearse only though.

3 Likes

That’s very generous. I’m sorted now for speakers and he already has a very nice integrated courtesy of @spacehopper last year.

Perhaps advertise in the Toot Bazaar thread?

1 Like

Ha ha I’d forgot about that Wayne - hope it’s still serving him well :+1:

What speaks did you go for ?

The Sony’s that @spacehopper kindly offered.

Yep it certainly is mate.

2 Likes

I appear to have bought these, and it’s all you buggers’ fault… :angry:

5 Likes

Those are very nice :+1:

You could always sell me on of your lovely Jap DD turntables to make room for them :wink:

Big thanks to @spacehopper who packed and sent his lovely Sony speakers in double quick time, they arrived yesterday and look fantastic.

Nephew couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the two big boxes and had a grin ear to ear when he took them out. They were quickly put in his parents car and he was straight home to play them. He is pretty chuffed. Mother looked slightly less so at the prospect of being subjected to his music at even greater volume :smile:

Thanks Allan, you’ve made a lanky 17 year old very happy with some 40 year old speakers :+1:

9 Likes

Given the overall 70s vibe I hope that the young man is into Sabbath, Uriah Heep etc. :metal:

1 Like

Err, its a bit varied but he likes Blur, Earth Wind & Fire, Eurythmics, and all kinds of other nonsense. Current music he like is Vaporwave.

He sounds confused.

He needs to embrace his inner greebo devil-worshipper.

When are you getting him an R2R? :wink:

3 Likes

He’s 17. He’ll be confused about everything*, probably including whether he’s really 17.

VB

*Maybe not confused about the fact that he’s not getting enough sex. However much he’s getting.

2 Likes

Thanks Wayne just glad they’ve gone to a good home.

You’ll definitely be in his parents bad books by the end of the month - I usually only ever played them at a sedate level but I know they go loud :grinning:

4 Likes