WE 'Nouv-uh?-eau'

Oi

The engineers at WE seem to have been a pragmatic bunch. If the company was still going today & if it was now involved in the manufacture of luxury consumer electronics, then I suspect that what they’d be making would be more like Devialet than Canary Audio.

1 Like

When you look at many of the established heritage brands they often value and champion a ‘classic line’ - Levis / converse, even Quad managed that. To disregard the brand history is to loose it’s essence. What is WE now?..Hollow & re badged - It deserved better.

3 Likes

It appears they are or will be making the 300B again. If they do it properly, that is a good thing. I guess they are doing whatever else they can to support that. I’d prefer to see them making WE555 597 or a new version of the 91 or 92 power amps but I don’t suppose I’m their target customer.

There are very few manufacturers of tech who wilfully do things the way they did them 70 years ago. I can only think of Morgan cars or perhaps some watch makers.

This is true and quite likely the original WE would be using modern techniques too. The issue as I see it is with the positioning to use marketing twat speak. This is where they are well off the mark.

lose