What albums have you bought lately?

@spacehopper don’t I remember you recommending this series ages ago?

I’m having great fun digging through this lot, but given that they’re a bit niche the backing metadata online can be a bit sparse so it’s going to take a while getting it all correct.

Still, I have plenty of time, hopefully!

1 Like

Indeedy did you get the full set Guy ?

There was talk of them resurrecting the magazine in some form.

Joe Strummer 002 Vinyl Box Set
The Mescaleros Years

1 Like

I’m really only scraping the surface!

Fun times ahead then old boy - every one is a cracker.

4 Likes

well, that cost me a bit this morning… truthfully it could have been a lot worse, but they have large quantities of Soul, Jazz and Metal, and only small quantities of the type of stuff I typically go for. My wallet was v happy about that.

Dirt cheap CDs abound, and I barely scratched the surface digging through them

3 Likes

Current political drama aside, I had to dig this up on Discogs etc. to get albums tagged correctly.

So, Glasgow DJ duo. I swear I knew one of them - it’s such an unusual name.

Best guess flatmate in one of a couple alternative households I hung out with mid-90s :man_shrugging:

Did you ever drink in The Liquor Shack in Hope Street when you frequented Glasgow ?

I assume you are talking about Orde. They used to run the legendary “Pressure” at The Arches in Glasgow as well as the Slam tent at T in the Park. Their most famous track is Positive Education, an absolute banger of a techno tune.

3 Likes

He took over our favourite boozer, the afore-mentioned The Liquor Shack, and proceeded to ruin it - the cunt - so we used to annoy the fuck out of him when he DJ’d in the Sub Club.

This was way before his SLAM days and he did have the last laugh - the fucking cunt. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes. Absolutely no idea where I know the name from, but it’s extremely familiar.

Yes you know the name as it’s attched to a cunt. :grinning:

I don’t remember that pub at all, It must have changed names by the time I was cutting about town (mid 90s)

It had shut down by then because, yes you guessed it, Orde Mikle had ruined it - the cunt. :grinning:

1 Like

It was the successor to the Rock Garden - part of the holy triumvirate of the Glasgow 80’s scene.

Saturday consisted of Fopp - Flip Clothing - Rock Garden/The Liquor Shack.

I haz the sad now. :sob:

1 Like

4 Likes

51kMGsoNRDL.SY780

Rerelease 2LP. Not sure how this passed me by when it was first released back in '94 although I did buy the follow up album ‘Despite Yourself’ off the back of the Tourniquet single.

Heavily grunge influenced and a nice pressing with a bonus LP of BBC sessions and extra tracks.

Should appeal to @TMC
Possibly @Waxy

2 Likes

Couple of funky things i picked up today -

3 Likes

Damn, only Despite Yourself on Tidal, not this one. Still, that’s a new album to me, never heard of these guys before.

I don’t think it’s on Spotify either. It’s on YouTube if you want a listen

1 Like