What albums have you bought lately?

It’s Bandcamp Friday so I just decided to go all-in with Higher Intelligence Agency’s full digital catalogue.

There are some nice collabs with Pete Namlook, Biosphere etc.

2 Likes

Silence I - Silence
AKA Pete Namlook and Dr Atmo
1992 Ambient classic originally on Fax getting a 30th year repress on Silent State.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity did anyone get a VMP copy of Worlds Around The Sun by Bayeté ?

2 Likes

Ooh, didn’t realise they’d done stuff together. James Taylor seems to be most strongly associated with Carol King

They were in a relationship for about a year in 1970. It ended reasonably amicably.

He wrote ‘You Can Close Your Eyes’ She wrote ‘See You Sometime’ on the back of it.

Laurel Canyon residents from memory.

1 Like

CD

I seem to have lost my Vinyl copy at a bake off. If anyone has inadvertently picked it up could you please let me know.

1 Like

Pre-orders are up for the new Steve Mason LP:

1 Like

I got one of the last ones :+1:

3 Likes

Pah :grinning:

1 Like

Yes! Get in!

I bloody knew this track must be in there somewhere.

Not so likely on “Best of UK Speed Garage” but I finally stumbled on “100% House Classics” and thought “it’s got to be on this” - and there it is, disc 1 track 1.

Disproportionately pleased.

5 Likes

He done a version of it at the House & Garage Club in Glasgow during a promo tour for The House Sound Of Chicago compilation but after the place went nuts he ended up doing an awesome 20 min version.

Easily still one of the best live performances I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

His totp performance was great

https://youtu.be/xlO1w_8QiBk

I can’t remember where I read it, but I saw this performance described (in an endearing way) as “the gayest man ever to appear on Top of the Pops” :laughing:

https://youtu.be/A13kpG7dBDU

Haha - shit, I think we just googled the same thing.

When he kicks his shoes off - love it! :laughing:

1 Like

I like it when he turns the Mike on near the end. Shame it wasn’t a 10 minute plus version

2 Likes

1986 - probably the same time we seen him in Glasgow :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Died aged only 48,tragic.

If church was like this,I’d go each week

2 Likes