What albums have you bought lately?

3 Likes

I remember Danny Baker saying that when he worked for NME they got literally hundreds of records through a week marked ‘Promo. Not for Resale’
They used to take most of them round the corner to record dealers and flog them.
Nice bit of extra cash money every week.

Decided to go for this.

2 Likes

Saw them a few years back:

Good album that Paul :ok_hand:

True. Really enjoying it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Waiting, dont worry… every lil thing’s going to be alright

One for tonight

8 Likes

Nice. How much did it cost on top of asking price in delivery and taxes?

Look forward to your listening impressions.

Delivery was 60 dollars i think. Zero duty but still awaiting the fedex VAT invoice, that will be another 40 to 50 dollars. At least they dont hold onto goods like the fucking royal mail do.
Let’s be honest, Its a 200 quid record. Luckily they’re are only 2 APs UHQs that I want, the other is now unafordable flipped.

1 Like

which one out of interest?

The other bob marley, rastaman vibrations. Both releases limited by the Marley Estate to 3000.

Sojourner LP box set pre-order

LP

LP

6 Likes

Just looked at the MEC Boxset. Where did you buy it from Mark. Cheapest I have found is ÂŁ125 from Norman.

I went for Norman. Seemed best as they include insured delivery and the tax is already paid. Bandcamp was a fiver cheaper, but then you’re playing the import tax lottery.

1 Like

Gave this a listen this afternoon. It is a superb pressing, great SQ and the mix is bang on in almost all areas. I don’t recognise sme people reporting light base on tracks 1 and 2 side one, I thought the bass on Natural Mystic was thunderous and very tuneful on So Much ThingsTo Say, where its played on higher notes anyway. The percussion, in particular high frequency cymbals and high hats are clear and well placed. Vocals, in particular the Threes backing, are on the money throughout. I was comparing to the UK 1st press rather than the 40th anniversary remaster. The only element I didn’t like was on One Love where that hand held percussive instrument taps out a beat that is core to this track, gives it its groove. On the UHQ it’s been pulled out of the mix too much IMO.

Overall its great pressing.

1 Like

Pre-order

Craven Faults - Standers

3 Likes

th-3695505618

6 Likes

3 Likes

My small Japan stash. All bought in Kyoto in either Tower Records (small Vinyl section) or Toradra Records a second hand show with tons of stuff. Was time limited for bin digging but picked up a few nice things, and also packing limited. Not all Japan releases but stuff that wasn’t was cheaper than the UK.

Japan stuff includeds the Joe Cocker, Roberta Flack, Quincy Jones, Floating Points( suspect EU made but with Japanese Obi),Frank Wess etc and Khruangbin Live at Lincoln Hall.

10 Likes