What albums have you bought lately?

Another busy day! A few gems of note in here. I bought the Frank Sinatra off Fergus on PFM, it was a SEALED original from 1966 and I was super curious, so picked it up.

The miles Davis is a late 70’s CDS promo copy, and the Jim Hall is a ‘73 UK pressing.

Some thumpin stuff here

1 Like

My favourite Sinatra LP

1 Like

I have a VAD (vinyl acquisition disorder)

1 Like

The Bobbi Humphrey one is great.

1 Like

LP’s

1 Like

Full blown excitement for this one!

4 Likes

Ooh spendy.

1 Like

I imported from America, it wasn’t TOO bad tbh

Yeah I chose to do the same with the White Stripes UHQR LP and reel tape and it was still cheaper than buying from a UK source.

1 Like

i was surprised how slick it all went, it was via ebay, and their international ordering took care of it, so the fees and VAT etc were already worked out.

I tend to order from Acoustic Sounds and have always beaten UK prices, even if customs decides to take a slice.

1 Like

I was tempted to for the UHQR “katy lied” but truth be told, 45rpm pressings wind me up!

How does the reel sound compared to the record?

5 Likes

A Lopwell highlight I’m hoping

Hopefully. Ideally I’d like to get my Technics R2R to Vintagetech and back for some work including a new pass through so I can use an external preamp which has switchable IEC/ NAB EQ. The trip to Peaslake is a proper ball ache :tired_face:

1 Like

A couple of first pressings (funkadelic and hutcherson) and other 70’s jazz and funk pieces!

5 Likes

1 Like

Todays sofa of shame:

3 Likes