What are you listening to, right now? V1.4

The Cinematic Orchestra. Man with a Movie Camera.
Vinyl

4 Likes

Very much this.
I much prefer seeing pictures of the actual records, I can’t ever remember seeing a picture I would describe as a kit jerk off. At most it’s usually a bit of a turntable or record surface in the for-background. Even Jim’s more piss takey long distance shots are easily zoomable. They are much more interesting than a generic cover shot. They often take me off somewhere or I find the condition or version interesting. It’s what makes this place a non forum, real cunts bungling along, sharing moments in a community help group. It is the same as when One of the many talented bakers post up a pic of a freshly baked wonder, I can almost smell it, and on occasion have gone and baked as a consequence. Or when stu overcomes nature and the chaos of rice to perfect uniformity and regulatity beyond comprehension, marvellous. What would it be like if we had one generic picture of bright orange stuff on white non round plates. Or one generic barbecued spatchcock fucking chicken picture.

7 Likes

All Them Witches - A Dying Surfer Meets His Maker

1 Like

I’ll easily zoom you up and down our stairs nowinaminute.

3 Likes

Or the same picture from The Turan over and ah wait.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Totally agree. It’s never remotely struck me that anyone is jerking off about kit. It’s just a funny little window into people’s worlds. Just the fact that you are looking for a moment at an actual CD or record, with a glance at the room and the system it’s being played on, takes it beyond being a faceless load of text and digital images, into a bunch of actual people dotted all over the place, playing music and hanging out on the internet. It’s just funny and disarming. I’m sure if people wanted to get into oneupmanship over kit, they’d do a much better job with the photography. I always found it funny that the thread specified a bad quality photo of the album in front of your kit, and then that most people actually took the time to do that. Amusingly random, and nicely irreverent, somehow. It always annoyed me slightly when people didn’t get with the program, and just uploaded a stock image.

3 Likes

It also pretty much proves they’re actually listening to that Lp. I mean, there’s loads of unscrupulous cunts on here who would post a stock image and not really be listening to it.

Maybe we should have a separate thread called " Post an image of an album cover whether you’re listening to it or not"

:grin:

8 Likes

Luckily I can rely on you and your doppelgänger to post all the photos of LPs I won’t listen to.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I like to see pictures of album. Not fussed about pictures of gear included in the photos.

Again, I renamed the previous thread because I was fucked off with the proliferation of shit photos over album covers. And entirely predictably, the cunting AA denizens took it to heart and started posting more of them.

6 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Name and shame :smirk:

1 Like

Do you think if I changed the thread title to:

What Are You Listening To Right Now, And Long Posts In Justification Of Posting Shit Pics Of Your Hifi Alongside The Record Choice, In The Previous Thread

-The thread would continue as it is now for 10000 posts? :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, and make that 30,000 we’re on V1.4 :joy:

That’s quite an accusation

Anyway

R2R Studio Master at 30ips 2 track tape.

4 Likes

:flushed:

Whooosh…

1 Like

Whoosh yourself :rofl:

1 Like

Where does all this leave the food thread? Stock photos of said dish from now on? It’ll be like one of those restaurants with pictures of food in the window.