What good things have you found on Bandcamp recently?

@MJ2 Buy buy buy :joy::joy::joy: This is something pretty special and will require , shall we say a discerning ear? :upside_down_face: Definitely not for the mainstream listener, albeit not loud and nasty either.
If pushed to describe , I would say - Imagine driving across the backroads of Texas with the top down at night when your car radio starts picking up Hells’s radio faintly but off-station, with plenty of static. Something long those lines.
One of my all time favourites.

No doubt you lot know everything about this mob but they’re new to me - I need to be in the mood for a lot of drone stuff but I enjoyed this

Already own it :rofl:

At least you have good taste Mike! :innocent:

Didn’t you recommend it to me, when you came to mine to pick up a turntable a couple of years ago ?

Wouldn’t suprise me. My memory is that bad. I do definitely remember putting you on to Earth which I see worked out well :grin:

In which case Kevin, it was defo you. Along with some Country singer Jr :smiley:

It all started with Earth Vs Bug; turned out well, but very expensive

:innocent: I do take pride in a job done well :joy::joy::joy:

Amazingly, something my wife heard on the radio & suggested I might like :roll_eyes: Somewhat dubiously I went online to see what excrement had been recommended. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was actually proper jazz (which she hates!)

It is on Bandcamp with a a forthcoming album, just one track available so far to stream.

More interestingly, there are a couple of clips on Youtube of them playing live. A multi-cultural group of young London girls playing very tasty jazz. I am really taken with this, I must admit. And clearly owe my wife an apology :innocent:

2 Likes

That does sound interesting :+1:

Thanks for that I will check it out later. In the meantime, it’s worth noting that Sheila Maurice-Grey and Cassie Kinoshi who are part of Nerija are also founders of Kokoroko. They recently released an excellent EP which is out of stock on bandcamp but readily available on discogs.

Pre-order for the new Moon Duo LP. Will sound just like Wooden Shjips but with better/different synths and drumming.

Yea, I bought the Yellow version coz, well, y’know.

1 Like

:fu:

1 Like

Charmed, I’m sure.

1 Like

SS500

Flac download £10

Flac download £10

Sheffield’s ska-plus band

1 Like

Strayan band

1 Like