What Headshell?

I liked both the solid Fidelity Research and the similar Ikeda headshells with the FR64fx, however then I tried a Schick carbon one and preferred those, at least with the Miyajima cartridges I was using at the time. I agree that the FR and Ikeda cartridges are a bit on the short side and were problematic with the more rigid head shell wires.

Less faff is a good thing, will check out the orsonic I think if I can find a black one, thanks

Not sure about the ‘block’ in terms of Faff with the Arche… what it can do at the end of the arm saves having to do much of it at the back is all.

There are differing weights of Orsonic if I recall. Theres’s an AV-1, AV-11 and AV-101 so do look into which one would best suit

The 101 seems closest to the Ikeda shells as the heaviest of the three so perhaps the one to start with, good shout thanks guy

Not dismissed the arche, just window shopping currently

1 Like

I have an Orsonic 101 you can borrow for a test drive, used it with the FR-64S and much preferred it to FR headshell

3 Likes

That would be great Simon

I could arrange for one of the kids to swing past and pick it up if that would be ok?