What I'm watching (Part 1)

I remember thinking that was the best film evah when I was about 15.

I suspect that

a) I was wrong
b) it hasn’t aged well

Watching the first series of line of duty I was rather amazed that the school the bent copper sent his kids to was the same as I sent my kid to !! They just changed the name on the series but really it’s s school in Edgbaston

5 Likes

LC vanity project…

I loved it as a kid but it didn’t stand up to a repeat viewing.

Unlike Where Eagles Dare…

2 Likes

As we all know, best film ever.

Worryingly I can probably quote 90% of the dialogue without really thinking about it.

Clint. Burton

Gods of men.

2 Likes

“Broadsword calling Danny Boy…”

3 Likes

at a startup where I worked the two main servers were called broadsword and dannyboy.

I wonder who did that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mind you, we also had begbie, sickboy and spud.

4 Likes

Hahaha, some Tory girl, on question time desperately trying to kill the discussion about Jezza Cunt wanting to re legalise fox hunting…

Last night’s insomniac viewing was Apollo 13, I do like that film

3 Likes

It’s a winner for sure.

It’s rare that I actually find anything I fancy watching on Netflix. Normally I just browse for 20 minutes then watch something else :rofl:

1 Like

I noticed that Stranger Things season 3 is out! Not watched yet, too busy for the moment.

Me too

2 eps in.

1 Like

How is it? I was wondering if I should re-watch the second (or even all of it), to re-cap. I’m watching so many long-running things now, I’m sometimes finding myself a bit vague on the back-story, when a new season comes along.

It’s very consistent with the last 2 series. There’s a decent recap of S2 at the beginning of ep1 which should jog your memory.

1 Like

Got this in the queue to watch

3 Likes

Ophelia, with Daisy Ridley. Superb, I thought.

M.I.A

Bbc2