What I'm watching (Part 1)

We’ll have none of the edgy social commentary in our Hollywood action films thank you.

Looking forward to seeing this with FoL this week.

One of the best films ever…

2 Likes

Watched this last night. Really enjoyed. Such a bizarre but intriguing premise for a film, it got my attention as soon as I saw a preview.

2 Likes

I used to enjoy the early series of Goodnight Sweetheart where they played with the idea of Nicholas Lyndhurst’s character being a potentially great songwriter because he’d come out with Beatles (& other) songs 25 years before they actually appeared & take the credit for them.

3 Likes

Just seen Yesterday on a long haul flight.
A premise thats been debated on music fora for years. If you’re of that era chances are you’ll fall into the The Beatles Changed Everything camp.
Shame Sheeran had to show up, maybe to get da yoof onside. Agree… he just would have argued the song would be better if called Hey Dude!
This film and 50 years on Abbey Road #1 album.
The Fabs did change nearly everything.

2 Likes

I dunno, I thought Sheeran’s presence really brought the thing far further into a believable realm. How unsettled he was by Jack’s obviously superior skill, and the mismatch between Jack and his wayward roadie, and the world of celebrity and money, made for both entertaining and somewhat uncomfortable viewing. I thought Sheeran was a realistic choice for the role. The Hey Dude thing was perfect! Haha!

He did play the “I’m a Ginger Twat & I know it” role to perfection :grin:

1 Like

Also seen during 14 hour flight to San Fran, Rocketman, which I enjoyed even more.
Few punches pulled… probly as Reg & hubby are producers.
As much a Musical as biopic, its a bloody good romp through decades of drugs, excess & decadence.
The actors portraying Reg & his transformation into Elton do a damn fine job.
Good fun.

Finished Goliath S3, well worth the watch. Took a while to warm up and certainly different from the other two. Enjoyable because of that.

You were Never Really Here with Joaquin Phoenix - brilliant performance, good score, intense and recommended.

1 Like

Grand Designs, oh my lordy…:crazy_face:

Yep, how to spaff £6m on not one, but two hideous monstrosities, spoil a nice bit of coast, and get divorced, all on TV. Train wreck stuff.

2 Likes

Watching it now, I thought his ambitions vs budget looked precarious from the start. When I saw the machinery they had to bring in just to lay the slab I knew he was going to spunk his (already swollen by then) budget right up the unbuilt wall…

2 Likes

We stayed in a house near to that place in August, it still looks like a Cold War missile silo.

2 Likes

I did like the storm room

2 Likes

Finished and rendered it will be spectacular, but he reckons another £2m to finish it off, and going from his previous efforts at budgeting, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like £3m.

2 Likes

The Flight of The Phoenix, the proper one with Dickie Attenborough.

Spoiler the monkey makes it

3 Likes

Very fine geek in that :+1:.

VB

Served him right for inflicting those Euphoria compilations on an unsuspecting public.

3 Likes

:+1: Good point; well made.