What I'm watching (Part 1)

Just another proxy war. It won’t be the last.

Watched ‘The Meg’ last night.

:joy:

It’s brilliant. Utter tosh from start to finish but brilliant, brain-out fun.

1 Like

I do get why you take that view. But look at Harrison Ford’s reaction to that character, when the two of them are sat together, and Leto leans forwards intensely and grasps his knees… Ford’s reaction is exactly how a calmer, more measured person would react if someone were being so overblown in their behaviour. Deckard is completely taken aback by Wallace’s intensity. Which says to me that’s how the character was written. I’ve read quite a few people saying Leto over-played that. But I think he hit it just right. I think the character is an over-dramatic twat, but I also think he’s meant to be. He’s a total megalomaniac, lost in his own God-complex, playing at creating life itself. If he’d played it any less intense, I don’t think the character would’ve fitted his own profile.

3 Likes

Rambo: First Blood.

3 Likes

Le Mans.

5 Likes

Watched the end of season 2 of the umbrella academy. A mediocre crescendo that was still watchable if disbelief can be cancelled completely. Ok afternoon bullshit.

2 Likes

Yep, disappointing after the first series.

Let’s hope The Boys doesn’t go the same way.

1 Like

Is S2 if the boys out soon?

Early September

1 Like

Murder on the Orient Express. The recent one with the moustache.

2 Likes

My mate was a technical something or other on that film. He reckoned the tache should have got an award for best supporting actor

I really liked that one

Being nerdy watching High Score on Netflix, about the computer games industry

1 Like

Murray Walker: A Life in the Fast Lane

Only one word - LEGEND

1 Like

We watched this again last night. I think my daughters head would explode if she sat through it!

2 Likes

Brilliant that is, my son Sam loves it too!

Some shocking acting.
But then, it has non actors in it!

American History X last night.

Angry Birds tonight. ( for about the 5th time)