What I'm watching (Series 2)

Mrs P summed it up walking out of the cinema with “ what was the fucking point of that! “
I on the other hand really enjoyed it.

That’s a cracking film :+1:

Fungal Zombies…

Ep 3 was epic, can’t wait for the next.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing this episode as everyone appears to be saying how good it is.

1990 adaptation of The Green Man with Albert Finney.

chewing the scenery.

The other two episodes of this tonight, or The Keep? :thinking:

I ended up watching

last night, which I reckon is the third similarly themed film with the word “outpost” in its title that I’ve seen. This particular one was a solid 5/10 on the spooky-nazi-ometer, but no more.

Excellent news - not seen it for years :+1:

5 Likes

Nice. I read that it has recently been “remastered”. Hopefully it’s that version.

Either way, love it.

1 Like

That really is top news. Must be a series of dramas BBC4 are re-showing. There was Fortunes of War on last night with a very young Ken Brannagh and Emma Thompson (1987). Never heard of it before. Watched about 10 minutes of it and thought it was a bit toss. Went to bed.

I just hope I enjoy it as much as I did first time round.

Not sure if i want to watch it again, have found a few like this to have been great in the 80s, only to disappoint on a re watch…Denis Potter apart.

I had forgotten all about this until someone mentioned it on twitter - classic

1 Like

NOOOOOOO :grimacing: :skull:

1 Like

It is a bit mental - briliiant tho’.

Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Although initially released last summer this film has been getting a lot of attention recently presumably because the oscars are coming up.

It’s about a woman (Michelle Yeoh} who runs a launderette with a rather meek husband, overbearing old father & rebellious, coming out daughter. She has dreams of the lives she should or could have had & on a trip to account for themselves & their business at the IRS her husband transforms into a messenger from another universe telling her that there are multiple universes and an evil character seeking her out. There then follows an almost incomprehensible 2 hours of kung fu fights, imagined fantasy worlds & other overly complex nonsense. You can gather the story they’re trying to tell but it’s really a load of pretentious bollocks albeit with well meaning ambitions.

Not for me Clive & I suspect not for many others.

2 Likes

You’ve given up on the idea of having fun then?

Have you seen it?

Yeah I fucking love it

1 Like