What I'm watching (Series 2)

:wink:

8 Likes

Giving up on this now, itā€™s shit.

Iā€™m sure it was a really clever artsy decision to make most the latest episode in complete darkness with just spooky music but as a viewer itā€™s fucking shite.

6 episodes and there is fuck all story so far.

Early 70s BBC Christmas MR James antiquarian detective / chillers.

Should be on iPlayer as a series IMO, but theyā€™re on individually so quite hard to find.

The Stalls Of Barchester
A Warning To The Curious
and Lost Hearts is on BBC4 tonight.

While the production values are not, as they say, through the roof, theyā€™re still pretty spooky to me.

Itā€™s also fun seeing the character actors who were so familiar in oneā€™s childhood.

Finally a really good Marvel film

On Blu Ray ā€¦

1 Like

Just finished The Outlaws :+1::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Has anyone watched this? IMDB ratings donā€™t look great but itā€™s Katee Sackhoff :slight_smile:

I believe someone here reviewed it and said it was great, Iā€™ve watched it and it was okish.

I enjoyed it. And not only because Katee gets her kit off. Honest.

Youā€™ve very probably seen this, but just in case you havenā€™t

1 Like

Thereā€™s also a very good, err, remix with John Hurt.

Certainly available on Amazon and probably on iPlayer.

1 Like

In the original comics (which I loved as a teenager) Shang-Chi turned out to be the son of the evil Fu Manchu. Eventually Marvel had to drop this storyline as Fu Manchu was a copyrighted fictional character and they couldnā€™t just borrow him!
Presumably they had to make something else up for the film?

I really liked in the recent Star Wars films that Rey wasnā€™t of ā€˜nobleā€™ force blood - she was nobody, just happened to be strong. Then she was.

Loads of these things effectively perpetuate the idea of nobility through genetic superiority. I dislike it intensely.

Generally Marvel is much better in this way - loads of their superheroes were normal people. DC had those born to greatness - Superman, Batman (rich) and Wonder Woman. But I guess this is the exception that proves the rule. Like Iron Manā€¦

1 Like

Spoilers mate but err wasnā€™t she a scion of the Palpatine bloodline?

Yeah they fucked it up with episode 9, but she was a nobody until then. I should have added that part :rofl:

1 Like

Wow! Waititi directing it as wellā€¦ very good choice, I think. I have the hardback book of it, but I havenā€™t finished it yet, as Iā€™m enjoying it so much I donā€™t want to burn through it too quickly.

1 Like

Just binged this. I hope we see more of Scott Ryan. Impressive that it has been his only role.

2 Likes

Yes, good choiceā€¦ maybe ā€¦ I thinkā€¦ :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

He did a spoof documentary called the magician which is what the series is based on

1 Like