What I'm watching (Series 2)

Same role though… :slight_smile:

Not seen The Magician but it sounds a lot like Man Bites Dog.

Which is horrific.

1 Like

yep, there is a reference in series 3 where one of the baddies says “do you know who he is, don’t fuck with him, he’s the magician”

1 Like
1 Like

This one this afternoon.

Very snappy dialogue, everyone hamming it up like fury, but ooh it hasn’t aged very well.

You really wouldn’t get away with, well, most of it now.

1 Like

I actually managed to read all the books. I’m not sure I could face watching a series of equal length…

I gave up on Book 8, but it was quite a while ago so thought I would give the TV show a go

1 Like

The King

Story of Henry V coming to the throne & fighting Agincourt. More based on the events in the Shakespeare play than actual history. Robert Pattinson does a French accent as bad as Dick Van Dyke’s cockney effort in Mary Poppins.

Timothy Chalamet just rehearses his Paul from Dune persona.

Ok ish, diverting enough.

1 Like

I had big hopes for this.

Just started this:
download (3)
Nice bit of animation.

The Line.

Apple TV.

Firstly, everything looks gorgeous on Apple. It’s all Dolby Vision, and it’s all excellent source material.

I’m shocked how most of the footage is out there. I’m also as convinced as I was with the MJ documentaries. The whole thing is a rare insight into war. It’s also quite damning, in a Colonel Kurtz type way!

I reread all the books not that long ago. The series seems pretty good so far.

1 Like

So, I finally bothered to get Amazon Prime working on the TV in the bedroom and watched the first three episodes of The Wheel of Time last night. I approve of any show that brings quality disemboweling to mainstream TV. Quite enjoyed it despite/because of my low expectations. I’ll probably watch it a bit more and see how it goes.

2 Likes

I started The Witcher… what a load of crap - like a B-movie fantasy drama with poor acting and a terrible script. I don’t normally give up on a series but I’m quitting after the first episode. Life’s too short and there are too many other shows to watch.

1 Like

It has better get better, it has started at Dire Level, the only way is up😁

1 Like

Toss a coin to your Witcher O Valley of Plenty. Enjoyed it!

2 Likes

Ooh, gone a bit early there mate. Definite Christmas movie there, as is #2.

it’s on sky so thought fuck it.

1 Like