What I'm watching (Series 2)

On the second episode of The Line. Blimey….

Drugs n guns innit.

As I said above, it’s damning.

As well as a classic example of a defence swerveball when you throw about immunity: someone lies and takes the wrap.

Shetland …on bbc1 …fetlar been mentioned a few times regarding a murder…paul not been taken into custody yet… :grinning:

They’ll never take me alive!

Mwahahahahaha

1 Like

Just got back from the local film club showing of

I think it’s the most visually explicit thing we’ve shown in the nine years we’ve been running. Good job really. The heating has been bust in the local arts centre for the last couple of days and we needed something on screen to keep us warm !

1 Like

Shetland, it’s becoming like Midsomer, murder, drugs and gangsta capital of Scotland in this case .

1 Like

Fill the place with Hartlepudlians and it’s an inevitable trajectory.

3 Likes

Last nights visual repast

2 Likes

I enjoyed it as its a slow paced character piece. The only disappointment was perhaps that they focused on her relationship and sexuality over and above her important role as a ground breaking paleontologist.

But yes I imagine the steamy scenes helped raise the temp in the auditorium!

1 Like

Yes. The filming was beautifully done but much of what they filmed was dour. The script was pretty minimal (I went in before the screening to check the sound level and we must have watched for 5-10 minutes before anything you might call a conversation took place). We learnt something about Mary Anning’s background from the expressions on Kate Winslet’s face, but that couldn’t tell us much about her science.

From a financial point of view we did quite well though, in good part because one of the committee had publicised the screening on a couple of lesbian fora.

2 Likes

Links

Got to the end of Foundation season 1. We thought it shaped up pretty nicely by the end. Looking forward to the next season.

Just binged it also - thanks @Ruprecht for the tip. Very enjoyable. I didn’t love the third season as the episodes seemed more ad-hoc/standalone, as opposed to there being a narrative throughout, but it was still good. It was also interesting how it showed the protagonist’s life to be increasingly bleak. I was assuming he’d get back with his gf, as he would in any other show, but was impressed that she left him and that was it. Solid ending too.

2 Likes

Dalgleish.

Possibly the only thing I’ve ever watched on Channel 5. Pretty standard detective fayre, but something elevates it. It’s very nicely shot.

1 Like

Agreed. I had low expectations but it all looks wonderful.

Just watched the first two episodes, very disturbing, one thing that got me thinking, did they have a cameraman embedded with the team or is that all helmet cam?
Given that it was 2017 the quality is very good.

They all seem to have helmet cams. I’m surprised the footage was released though.

John Martyn OGWT BBC4

2 Likes

the boy in the striped pyjamas
with FOL#2 and FOL#3

2 Likes

Introduced Sam to Donnie Darko last night.

2 Likes