What I'm watching (Series 2)

Finished This Town tonight. Quite enjoyed the whimsical nature of it and being reminded of the pubs on Chelmsley Wood, the Trooper & the Friendly which as i recall were both quite intimidating places. The early 80’s (and late 70’s) were an interesting time in Birmingham.

The Fall Guy. The series had the same name and I was a fan after the Million Dollar Man ended.
I can still sing the theme tune that he sung: Unknown Stuntman.

2 Likes

The song is included at the end.

2 Likes

I loved it.

1 Like

So did I, In 1984 I was 12

Pin On My Two Heathers!, 60% OFF | www.gf-planen.de

1 Like

In 1984 I was six but I’m sure I watched it for years and still remember that Unknown Stuntman song.

Snap

2 Likes

Six, not sixty six.

1 Like

1984 not 1894 mate :-1:

4 Likes

Dopesick is on iPlayer - good series that.

Body count is high

2 Likes

Hope so.

4 Likes

It’s going to be a challenge for the writers I’d imagine. History however is their friend - The ending of shogun with Anjin-San back in the UK always bugged me, in real life he never returned to England. The Funny thing about Anjin was he was played by Cosmo Jarvis who used to live down the road (Totnes). I knew him as a singer and booked him once or twice - He was pretty good excellent antics too.

2 Likes

Sky advertising suggesting that I should catch up on the first 11 series of the Living Dead before the new season starts.

Just fuck off!

1 Like

Just finished the 1st season. Decent.

1 Like

Very much enjoyed that. More please.

3 Likes

One Ranger (prime)

It passed the time on a flight. It’s just some shooting, fistfights, and gnarly American scene stealing.
The female lead was woeful, and the acting wasn’t much cop all round. I suspect her abysmal acting wasn’t helped by her script trying too hard to tick boxes rather than be natural.

It was utterly ludicrous. The good bits mean it will do when your brain aches.

Quite often go and see second-rate movies at our local flicks - it’s cheap, and a good excuse to get together with friends, hit a pub, then have dinner out. On that basis we saw “Back To Black” last night, and found it nowhere near as bad as many would have it. It’s a fair bit sanitised, but to be honest that didn’t sit badly; the poor cunt suffered enough at the hands of the media while she was still alive, there’s nothing to be gained by salaciously making her ghost miserable too. Flipside is it nowise glamourised the seedy druggy/alkie aspect of her life. Marisa Abela is - as widely said - in all ways the star of the show, and I was honestly surprised to read she’d done all the vocals - very believable throughout I thought; we’ll obviously be seeing more of her in future.

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen Brian & Charles it is now free on Netflix, loved it.

3 Likes

Put it on me watchlist last-night. Looks to be quirky & fun!

David Earl who both co-wrote & stars in it is generally very entertaining.

1 Like