What I'm watching (Series 2)

Commonwealth games opening ceremony

1 Like

Thanks, will watch it then as I have D+. Got lots of other things to tide me over in the meantime.

Currently halfway through S1 of Yellowstone, some patchy acting/scriptwork (the character of his daughter for e.g.) and I canā€™t recall which came first, this or Succession, but there are some marked similarities between the two - this feels like a slightly less polished version of Succession in a different setting. In general though itā€™s good and feels like a nice slow burner. Happy to keep going.

Binge watched Big Oil v the World on iplayer earlier,
A disturbing and extremely depressing tale of how American big business and greedy parasites have knowingly been destroying the planet for over 40 years. There are some truly awful individuals justifying their actions that could drive any one to homicide. Now theyā€™ve been found out they are proclaiming to be part of the future solution. Too late you hideous fuckers you did the damage years ago and fucked things for everyone.
Edit: If the MoFi trickery wound you up probably best to avoid this as these fuckers are on a completely different scale of dishonesty. Actually this should be compulsory viewing for everybody Iā€™m going to make my kids watch it.

1 Like
1 Like

Just finished watching the four part ā€˜My Life As A Rolling Stoneā€™ doc.

Interesting that apart from being in a few archive photos no mention was made at all, in any of the programs of Bill Wyman.
It was like he had never existed, he was a founder member of the band and in it for 30 years.

1 Like

Not sure of the history. Did he have a big falling out with the rest of them? Maybe he didnā€™t want to participate?

Slight whiff of paedo? Allegedly.

Ah yes, Iā€™d forgotten. Maybe that.

Brian Jones merited more attention for his part in their early years too. He seemed quite interesting & influential.

3 Likes

Donā€™t remember Mick Taylor getting a mention either.

I guess the focus was ā€˜the Stones, in their own wordsā€™ rather than it just being a straight up documentary about them.

1 Like

Only during the Ronnie Wood program where he spoke about how Ron came about joining the band.

No he didnā€™t, he even played with them again in 2012 but declined to do so for any further gigs

You may be right in that he didnā€™t want to participate, he does seem to be stuck up about money, in that he left the Stones before they really started coining it, maybe the BBC didnā€™t want topay him what he thought he was worth.

He was also the closest to Brian Jones, he roomed with him on tour and only Charlie Watts and he attended the funeral

Charlie donā€™t surf!

Directors cut.

2 Likes

Up to the Herogasm episode of The Boys.
Outrageous!
And the Black Noir cartoon interludeā€¦

Must see.

2 Likes
1 Like

Gash or good? Got free Paramount via Sky and itā€™s not really tempting me so farā€¦

The public reviews are gash but all seem to be moaning about it having nothing to do with the game.

Never played the game but it seems ok so far.

Have to pay for paramount plus via Amazon prime, thatā€™s another 7 quid a month. Sod that, looks like AP are shoving loads into paramount, price gouging cunts.

itā€™s free with Sky

1 Like