Whiskey/whisky

That will have the purists spinning!

1 Like

The current stockā€¦been finishing off a few bottles that Iā€™ve been hanging on to.

Islay

Others, mainly for mixers

4 Likes

Good islay ā€œselectionā€. Isnā€™t Port Charlotte made by Bunnahabhain as well? :joy:

Iā€™m not being serious- my islay collection was a few different Ardbeg bottles at one point

Port Charlotte is Bruichladdich :slight_smile:

Its a bit Bunnahabain heavy as I have just finished off the dregs of a Caol Ila 18 and Distillers Edition in the past few weeks.

1 Like

I rarely drink spirits, but when I do I want them to taste of something nice, not peat, mud, rain or Scotland. This one kind of tastes of apples.

2 Likes

Finishing off should be done swiftly indeed. :+1:

My consumption/speed of finishing a bottle is quite slow.
(Yeah, I know, I`m a wannabe butcher and I have too little friends around that appreciate it.)
As a consequence, at a certain level, the oxidation IN the bottle starts to kick in.
It is not nice to finish a bottle off pouring the contents in the sink.
Lessons learned:

• Donā€™t have too many bottles open simultaneously in relation to consumption
  • Buy dark bottles with lower volumes at the pharmacy and pour the contents over

I think the people who make these may have your sort in mind :grin:

https://thedrinkshop.s3.amazonaws.com/images/products/main/15213/15213.gallery.jpg

VB

Sweaty kagoul essence essential

Just dropped off by that nice man from Amazon, Prime for the win.

2 Likes

What is the dodgy spam link with that image? (Goodwill Fort Mill SC)

No idea, the image was uploaded to Imgbb and the link code copied and pasted as usual.

Sorted.

1 Like

Ta Muchly.

You know that you can just copy the image on e.g. your PC and paste straight into the editing window here, right?

Mere habit Iā€™m afraid.

5 Likes

A very good friend of mine who is very partial to a wee dram or two had his 40th birthday coming up.

Iā€™d like to spend 40quid on a bottle for him and Iā€™m looking for recommendations of the single malt variety.

Have a look at the Masters of Malt website. Sometimes there are good bargains there

3 Likes

Rob, do they like smokey/peated or a particular style/brand?

If peated, Iā€™d be looking at this:

Unpeated

Something a little different
2 Likes