Who engages clutch before starting engine?

That’s the safety shite, as opposed to engineering :slight_smile: They assume wombles would start their car in gear.

But you do that anyway, regardless of whether you’ve pressed the pedal to start the thing! Or do you sit and wait for yours to warm up thoroughly before you go anywhere?!

As an aside, my old Range Rover’s owner’s manual used to say that you should not sit and let the engine warm up once you had started it, but should just get going - I always wondered why. The only reason I could come up with was that, as it had the 3.9V8, if you let it idle for too long, the tank would be empty by the time you drove off…

1 Like

It’s more likely that Range Rover took the view that if the thing had actually fucking started, owners should make hay while the sun shines and get going in the hope of reaching their destination before it inevitably broke.

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Bastard - I hate you sometimes…

Does your wife know that you have a make up darling and that he/she travels in the car with you ?

VB

2 Likes

As mentioned previously the kia insists you depress the clutch pedal when starting.
The Lexus just needs you to twist the key - no brake or anything. The ‘handbrake’ is one of those funky pedal things that looks like a clutch pedal so I have to press that to disengage the brake before moving off.
Oh and I only use park to hold the car when at long traffic lights - always use the 'hand’brake when parked up for a long time - helps the rear calipers not seize - which is one of the very few known issues with an RX400h

Current Scheisswagen won’t start unless you press the clutch. Piss hat was even worse; wouldn’t disengage parking brake unless the driver had their seat belt on! :rage:

Volvo is the same.

Audi the same. Unless you press the brake pedal and then you can disengage hand brake without having your belt on. Its pretty annoying.

As is the fact the the automatic handbrake switches itself off every time you switch off. You restart and then forget their is no automatic handbrake, meaning you panic when it rolls back. Stupid design. It should just have a switch to select on or off.

Seriously? That’s bloody ridiculous!

1 Like

Given the inability of the drivers to do things like change gear, that seems sensible…

2 Likes

An Avensis that I had had a push button handbrake - I had not realised that it was designed to self release when you drove. So the first time I had a steep hill start I was panicing until it did it’s job to not let me roll backwards.

You just keep pressing that pedal like a good little driver :laughing:

That’s a yankee blobmobile with a column shift, no?

Don’t worry yourself over it, just keep doing this -

And you keep doing this.

:rofl::joy::rofl:

I was going to post that very picture when @MGOwner finally got his hire care because of the bambi-ding.

1 Like

:clown_face: