Who's going to Scalford?

I’ve not received any messages asking about this…

Fully understood. My aim was to try and clarify not promote.

I see a massive split across all forums, they have their differences and styles but it is doing no favours to the industry. What happened with the split between AA and the Wam was before my time and my only interest is to make sure everyone, across all forums understands that, if it was possible we should all just bury the hatchet and get on with promoting the hobby rather than taking pieces out of each other.

My post yesterday:
Hi,

As there has been a lot of negativity and speculation about what’s happening at HIFIWIGWAM I wanted to have an opportunity to discuss it directly.

If admin does not want me to post here then I understand but wanted to get permission first out of professional courtesy.

Thanks
Peter

This, simply this. End of.

Yes. We can only hope that it is.

Anybody taking lumps out of other forums (especially yours) is given short shrift. Any arguments our members may have with other forums are for those members to take back to those other forums. We do not tolerate nor condone bitching about stuff we have no control over.
This thread was started in good will so that members here who had lost touch with others could arrange meet ups.
Anything else, criticism or otherwise, will be jumped on.

For the record, I don’t believe that we have any part in dividing the HiFi community.

I’m sure you can appreciate that there is no future in “he said, she said” style bitching about a third party who was a former friend.

Let’s leave it at that please and get on with our lives with respect, if not admiration for, others.

4 Likes

Of course and I respect your honesty. If you do come to Scalford I will be happy to have a beer with you. All the best. Peter

Ozz Expat in diplomacy shocker. :slight_smile:

Whodathunkit.

1 Like

Shit ! I try to never bring work home with me :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

The existence of the different fora is primarily due to (1) schisms and (2) flounces. While I would be quite happy for the whole world to be one big happy family (metaphorically speaking), people don’t seem to work that way. Personally I thought that it was good that the Art of Sound came to the first Scalford, but it didn’t seem to help cross forum relations.

The best thing is just to let people be where they want to be.

And @HFWW you could easily ascertain the people who have exhibited at most Scalfords before and aren’t this time, and ask them why not. I would have thought that a direct PM on the Wam would be the best way though, rather than posting in here.

He’s a loss to the diplomatic core.

Or has had practice barring people from getting in…

http://www.phoenixnightsfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/max.jpg

1 Like

Fear not chaps. Normal service will be resumed shortly. 4th pint is starting to kick in :zipper_mouth:

On that note, let’s keep this thread for it’s intended purpose. We’ve been very clear about bitching about the other place. Several threads have ended up in the bin. This will too if it starts to go in the same direction.

Please keep to the OP.

AA as I understand it, is about friends, shared interests, community, freedom, fun and goodwill - not Industry, profiteering, organizing or bleary beige beliefs / etiquette or agendas.

6 Likes

Fixt

2 Likes

Strapline right there. Bit long winded mind. :slight_smile:

We’ll be having a vision fucking statement next.

I can’t work out which I prefer: Jon’s fat finger fail or James’s flounces.

Mod of the week? Just tops Jim and his effort with making sure the place has no more than one diet and fitness thread :+1:

2 Likes

Shocking behaviour by @MGOwner . I think he’s finally going native…

Fwiw, I probably am going to visit Scalford, I’ve never been, and would like to, because of reasons. As it’s a fair old hike from Lancashire, I think it’s only sensible for me to make a weekend of it, so drive down on the Saturday (assuming I can arrange that to be my day off and clear it with SWMBO) hopefully meet up with a few Abattoirists/Wammers for a beer or 8 on Saturday evening (at Scalford, maybe? Are non-exhibitors allowed in on Saturday?) then wander around the show on Sunday, until the hangover evaporates.

If anyone else is up for that, then great, let’s do it.

Peter, any significant criticism of the Wam is jumped on fairly quickly here, quite rightly. The 2 sites are yin and yang, and can coexist quite nicely. There are obviously some members here who don’t like the direction the Wam has gone because they enjoyed the anarchic nature of it, I used to describe it as the Punk hifi forum, and don’t really want to visit there now. There is also the lingering resentment over what happened before you took over… Equally there are plenty of current Wammers who would hate it here. That’s OK, horses for courses etc. At least AA isn’t poisonous towards every other site like Dunns place, which is best ignored.

I spend time at AA and Wigwam, I choose to post here more, because to me, this is the Punk Hifi forum now. Not that there’s much hifi…:joy:

6 Likes