Wim hof method

Well aware this is going to mark me out as more of a nutter, but anyone else here practice?

Been doing it 3 weeks now, breath holds just over 3 minutes, cold showers 5 minutes no issue and did my first ice bath last weekend.

2 Likes

The Hoff you say?

2 Likes

I have done it in the past and love it. Keep meaning to get back into it. Would like to go over to Amsterdam for it too.

1 Like

293.haselhoff.soapdispenser.081808

3 Likes

I was on and off at the start it’s now in my morning routine so every day, seems to be working well.

1 Like

Different hof you two:

download

That’s great. I’m always on and off with everything. It’s my psyche or some shit.

Wtf is it meant to do for you?

This is what everyone should have been made to do on the Sunday morning at Scalford

1 Like

Helps your body heal itself.

1 Like

Heal itself from what? I don’t get it.

1 Like

It’s another effort and pain = gain regime.
They’ve been around a while. :grinning:

He didn’t start it for anything like that. He lost his wife and found calm as he got into a frozen lake in the park. He kept doing it and has been hooked up to various gizmos which they claim shows your brain releasing good stuff (can’t remember the terms).

I think he was trying yoga and stuff to get some calm and took it into the lake without thinking about it too much. Something like that. You feel good anyway.

1 Like

Fuck that for a game of soldiers. I’ll not be pursuing my interest any further.

Meditation not yoga, maybe both. It’s been a while since I read all this.

Surprisingly fun and calming once you get over the ‘i don’t want to be cold’ bit.
Thankfully as his exploits were so far from science and deemed impossible plenty of studies have been done on him and papers released.
This is a good summary but long:

1 Like

Cold showers are not new for doing you good though. Try it. No need to take it any further than that really.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^

2 Likes

I started the breathing after seeing the results of being injected with endotoxin and having no negative effects. They then took 12 people taught them the breathing and injected them, again no effects.
The controls in the test had vomiting, sweating, raised temps etc. All done at the Radboud university medical center Netherlands

1 Like

It’s pretty amazing.