Wim hof method

The app is good for keeping check on it and making it a routine, but what ever works for you.

1 Like

Been doing mini ice baths for my hands and feet in between full body ice baths (only do that once a month).
When I first started 2 minutes wasnā€™t easy and after removing the limb I had to shake vigorously to get the veins opening up and get the blood flowing. Now they open up in the ice and warm the hands.
Time is no longer the barrier, but boredom of waiting. Ten mins is no issue.

I liked the looks of the roast beef you posted photographs of but that looks like your sous vide tank being put to alternative useā€¦ :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Space is limited here, got to make the use of what I have. Well spotted :joy:

2 Likes

I was just about to type out a reply about poor circulation and thought Iā€™d look it up and it turns out Iā€™ve got Raynaudā€™s phenomenon.

About three fingers go white and numb when itā€™s really cold, usually when Iā€™m not wearing a coat and holding a steering wheel. Started happening a couple of months back.

Anyway, when looking it up it states ā€œAvoid exposing your hands to extreme cold ā€“ wear gloves when working in cold water or reaching into a freezer.ā€

Maybe I can change it.

Plenty of people with Raynauds in the wim hof group, itā€™s just a slowly transition. You can train those blood vessels and improve circulation. I think there is a reddit group just for raynauds and wim hof

1 Like

Just had an ice bath, my hand vs the mrs

Sure does get those veins open and the blood flowing

1 Like

I know this is now my own thread to talk to myself in, butā€¦

61 min ice bath for his 61st birthday. Before wim it was known. 15-41 minutes was how long it took people to die from being in cold water, depending on physiology etc.

1 Like

Does this Wim stuff work with heat too? Iā€™m curious to set up a Fire walk at Lopwell when we eventually get back to staring fires there.

1 Like

We should have a lava bath

1 Like

Keep posting, itā€™s good.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the night after the curry isnā€™t it?

1 Like

Just passed 10 hours total breath hold time since I started doing this:

I have upped my fitness a fair bit now, so can no longer put this all down to wim hof. Resting heart rate lower, vo2 max increased, weight down, much calmer and relaxed and I really donā€™t feel the cold now.

One test I did early on was number of press-ups I could do which was 10. Then the same again but while holding my breath which was 16.

Today on a breath hold I did 37 :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Fuck I was gonna post somewhere that I was chuffed to have done 10k steps every day since the lockdown but I think Iā€™ll keep that quiet now.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s decent, walking is great exercise do you track your heart rate?

I know itā€™s very high. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol (both controlled by low dosage of drugs), I am overweight and 66 year old so I need to do a lot of exercise.

Having 2 dogs that need exercise helps.

Even when I was young as a BSAC diving instructure with over 600 dives I could only hold my breath for less than a minute. I also ran the 5k and 10k meters at a very high level and my heart rate was high then too.

No chance of going for your regime.

Whether you believe you can or believe you canā€™t, youā€™re right.

Fuck no chance!

Iā€™m at a stage again where I lost focus.

For your age walking with your heart rate between 90-120 will help a lot. Rubbish term, but thatā€™s the fat burn zone :+1:t2:

1 Like

What have you been doing breath wise?