Wireless headphones

I fancy a pair of wireless headphones for Christmas, if for no other reason that I cannot think of much else i could do with

Will probably get some money with which to purchase, and will probably chose between a (used) pair of:

1. Sennheiser Momentum Wireless (over ear)
  2. B&O H9
  3. Sony WH 1000

Does anyone have experience of these cans, or any thoughts on theim being hot or not ??

They’ll get the occasional use on my daily commute, so I’d prefer for them not to make me look like a total prat, though I appreciate that is a hornets nest right there.

Entirely gratuitous picture of scantily clad lady follows beneath

You can get the Sennheiser PXC550 for about the same money as those ones and it shits over all of them from a great height. Only the Bowers & Wilkins PX and PSB M4U8 are better still and they both cost over £100 more.

Thanks Ed. Haven’t seen your name in quite a few years.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into that set right away

I don’t have experience with any of the above but I would go with the Sony noise canceling ones, I use Bose Quietcomfort 35 II, I got them for late night listening tv/films mainly but also have them paired to a bluetooth walkman.

If I had to choose again I would go for the Sony WH-1000XM3 with the APTX bluetooth.

You don’t have to use them just for music/tv, if you want a bit peace and quiet you can just wear them with no signal going through.

I got my second daughter these as a present, she loves them for music at work.

Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC Bluetooth Wireless Active Noise Cancelling Headphones

Thread theft.

Any opinions on what’s good for Bluetooth headphones right now?

Sennheiser and Sony appear to be the 800lb gorillas, but there’s shedloads of models with lots of numbers in their names.

FWIW I’d prefer over-ear.

Maybe up to £200, but less is always good.

These still seem to be a thing, albeit with a “ii” iteration. And aimed at my price bracket. Might just take a punt.

I use Sony WX-3000 XM3. They sound great, very comfortable and long battery life.

1 Like

I have a brand new pair of Bose 700 wireless headphones I’m willing to sell.
They came as a promotion with my new mobile phone.
Box still sealed. RRP is £350, will sell for £160.

The freebie that I got with my new phone wasn’t so useful :angry:

I had the Sonys for a while and while I enjoyed the sound I could not get them comfy for anything more than 30 mins

I wasn’t aware til then that I have big ears, but I can only assume that’s the reason why

I’ve now got a pair of Beyer Amiron Wireless that I like very much

1 Like

Headphones, pah, there be demons.

Bumping this thread as need some recommendations.

A lady in my team at work asked me what headphones she should get.
She wants bluetooth headphones (not earbuds) to listen to Spotify on her iPhone.
Budget under £200

Any ideas / recommendations?
Not sure if this sort of price bracket would be in your area of reviewing @Tons_of_fun ?

If she doesn’t need noise cancelling, I’d say THESE.

2 Likes