WTD: Speakers up to £5k

Sorry to sully the site with talk about hifi but i’m feeling the urge to try some new speakers. I’m tempted to just get another pair of Graham Audio LS5/9s but wondered if there was anything else around I should consider?

4 Likes

I’ve got a pair of ATC SCM 40’s.

They are sealed units so can be placed close to the wall which is what we had to have. Really pleased with them.

They do take a bit of driving though.

Want some JBLs?

2 Likes

Everyone should have JBLs :metal:

LS5/8s.

Horns!

If you want to try ATC
https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?72053-ATC-SCM11-MKII-2-way-Standmount-Speakers-Multi-Award-Winning

Standmount, floor standing, ported, sealed box, active, passive, electrostatic, cones, any more help?

I like the SCM40 but this is an understatement along the lines of Harold Shipman being ‘a risk to seniors.’

7 Likes

5/5s or go home.

1 Like

Are these still for sale?

2 Likes

Has Rick got any spare speakers at the moment? :rofl:

4 Likes

I think me and Rick have very different tastes in hifi. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Gregg. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I have anything powerful enough to drive ATCs and everything I have is too powerful for 105db. Those Uccellos do look extremely tempting.

1 Like

I used the 60w alephs on 105db horns, they should be fine :slight_smile: (10w mini Aleph is also easy to make)

2 Likes

Nah, I use 60w class A monos into my Uno Finos and they’re happy to tickle along at 0.3w output :smile:

Quad 2912’s ?

Location Beverley

Price and currency £5500

What about the environmental impact?

They are more than five thousand.

1 Like