WTD: Speakers up to £5k

Well I for one reckon that looks are one of the most important things about speakers

7 Likes

gaga

It’s not like most of them can be hidden…

I really liked the look of the Direkts, despite their size they actually blended in really well with the white walls behind.

Would be much better in Gulf racing colours though.

16 Likes

You could buy these cabs and stick something in them

2 Likes

I’ve seen a picture of some wrapped in Gulf colours somewhere, they looked good.

1 Like

They look great.

I borrowed the 2-way Direkt from @murrayjohnson for the Carnage Hall show a few years ago and was really impressed with them. Effortless, very well integrated, very natural sounding and very good looking. They are a really good deal at retail, and a total bargain used imho.

The 3-ways are just more of everything and are just huge, effortless, natural and very very enjoyable. They also look totally bonkers in the room :smiley:

4 Likes

I was amazed by the size of the boxes for the 3 way.
Nightmare to put them somewhere safe

I had to collect them from the shipping agents warehouse, one at a time JUST squeezed into the Chelsea tractor :open_mouth: they now consume a LOT of the garage

You’re telling me?! :joy:

…dinky wee things practically disappear!

16 Likes

They look good in both the rooms in this thread.

1 Like

Totem Element Metal v2 speakers.

One of the best sounding speakers at Munich.
Buy used if you can find them here.

2 Likes

That asymmetry :scream:

These look nice.

3 Likes

I’d, personally, take the Ucellos over these but they do look nice.

I know the OP is sorted now.

1 Like

Nice speakers but I do get somewhat irritated when the vendor can’t muster enough enthusiasm to include some photos. You want £3500 but you can’t be arsed finding out how to post pics on a forum. Just fuck off you lazy cunt.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t worry about that. He was asking £3850 previously and the lack of pictures might have brought the price down :smiley:

I posted some 12" ones that sold on eBay about 10 months ago for £1,600. These ones are bigger / better but the 12" ones were mint. I should have bought them.

1 Like

You make a good point but honestly these people simply don’t deserve a sale. A solid punch to the groin is what they need.

2 Likes