Ye olde worlde hi fi corner shoppe

we have one of these in the loft- works well for both FM and DAB

And so it begins
That was such a lovely tidy listening room only days ago, you could hardly see a cable (sigh),

4 Likes

Does the FM2 have a stereo decoder?

Ah well, it’ll get tidy again - when I get round to it :wink:

No idea, just had a speech only programme on R4.

Did some have it built in and others not?

edit:

It did sound like stereo…

Second edit:

Yes it has. The decoder board is on page 13 here

Depends on location. Growing up looking at Winter Hill and in Oxford you could get full signal from a shoelace but Chelmsford and South London sucked. Here you need an amplifier even with a Galaxie 17 but the result is still good.

You had that bloody great mast at Crystal Palace!

(Radio signals aside I agree with the quoted post!)

indeed I phoned ATV and that dipole is what they suggested

And thousands of pirate stations getting in the way of R3. The signal strength was still 15dB down on central Oxford.

1 Like

Is all that wire part of the earthing arrangement? :rofl:

2 Likes

Where it doesn’t rain much there might be a case for it

But in Fetlar :grin:? Maybe it’s to keep the pooches away from the cartridges …

VB

1 Like

Perhaps I have tended toward Tape as my playback medium of choice over the years with one of my favourite rack friendly machines being the Elcaset format that burned brightly for just a couple of years in the late 1970’s, Sony together with its clones licensed out to Hitach and Wega, the format was also licensed out to other manufacturers such as TEAC and Technics etc.
Having now trimmed my addiction down to a pair of Sony Elcaset EL-7’s…The you tubes best at 720p

Specifications
Type: 3-head, single elcaset deck
Track System: 4-track, 2-channel stereo
Tape Speed: 9.5 cm/s
Heads: 1 x playback, 1 x record, 1 x erase
Tape Type: type I, FeCr, Cr02
Noise Reduction: B
Frequency Response: 15Hz to 27kHz (FeCr tape)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 67dB (dolby B)
Wow and Flutter: 0.04%
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.8%
Input: 95mV (line), 0.3mV (mic)
Output: 0.775V (line)
Dimensions: 460 x 170 x 320mm
Weight: 13.5kg
Year: 1976

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QMHwJk4XC6Q

8 Likes

Spot of R3 post KettleJnrs’ bedtimes.

7 Likes

I can’t even find a wire coat hanger to fashion an aerial for my ST8080!!!

1 Like

I have oxygen free pure ‘metal’ ones for sale, totally original and unstraightened. NOS.

£19.99 each from Funzie products plc

Limited to two per household, while stocks last!

11 Likes

Cryogenically treated then.

3 Likes

Don’t know about that but I suspect they’re genetically treated

2 Likes

Is the ‘kinkless’ one better ?

VB

No. They deflect quantums.

Kinked ones absorb and amplify them to enhance Schumann accepting properties

2 Likes

A fantastic offer, Paul. Please straighten them before posting.

2 Likes