Ye olde worlde hi fi corner shoppe

No problem.

£14.50 per hanger straightening charge.

You’re welcome

3 Likes

In my experience, the left handed ones give a stronger reception regardless of kinks :+1:

1 Like

Having worked my way through a number of ReVoX tabletop mono and stereo R2R’s I kept two of my favourites…An E36 2 track and an F36 4 track HiSpeed (15 IPS)
Looking forward to retrieving one out of storage…prob the F36?


A few random YouTubz:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Da9HZ5l4vxw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wfQn_KOoOVg

9 Likes

:heart_eyes:
They look fantastic. I imagine they sound as good.

1 Like

What have you got to play on them? Any pre recorded?

A few…in the main Jazz, Crooner and Classical

This was the last 3 3/4 that I bought this year looked in good condition tho yet to be heard:

Perhaps not the high resolution of later solid state R2R’s however the all valve stages bring a weight, tonality and liquidity to the party that I enjoy …plenty of scope for tube rolling

2 Likes

Well worth another look :grinning:

4 Likes

Sansui SR-929 Direct Drive Turntable…

I ran a simple second system for a while fronted by this deck into an Sansui AU-20000 Integrated into various speakers swapped in n out…

A nice solid deck developed in concert with Micro Secki , quality controls and an excellent tone arm thrown in…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixY2XYuveB4

17 Likes

Lovely!

Shiny with ample knobage :+1:

1 Like

Quite fabulous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I remember the Sansui sr222 budget turntable.

5 Likes

My mates Dad had one of those when I was around 16 years old, it did a great job of ZZ TOP :metal:

1 Like

I have one in the loft

1 Like

Still got my Sansui. Lovely piece of analogue nostalgia.

Sounds way better than you might imagine.

11 Likes

Anyone ever seen an example of this?

Doesn’t @Valvebloke have a spare well on the premises? I’d have thought that a British Standard drive and a whole lot of lead would appeal to him.
Not sure it would be deep enough, though, being Didcot.

2 Likes

'Fraid that’s right. Our well is just a surface-water one. We emptied it once and established that it’s a little over 32ft deep, that being rather deeper than required given that there would just have been a hand-operated vacuum pump, presumably attached to the ‘dairy’ (as it was then) wall. More problematic, perhaps, is that the water level goes up and down a fair bit. Despite the heavy rains every so often, we haven’t seen it as high recently as it sometimes was back in the 1990’s. The (ground)water level was once just 8ft or so below the kitchen floor back then.

You don’t need a well for the weight, of course. You could build a 50ft high drop tower in your back garden and run the piece of string up that before turning it over a pulley at the top. As long as any pulley friction was constant and you kept the wind off the weight the gravitational force should be pretty stable.

VB

1 Like

Silbatone need to get it sorted for the next München.