Ye olde worlde hi fi corner shoppe

Clement always leads to Bourdereau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY31EwsrsJ4

6 Likes

Want :heart_eyes:

Yes suitably mad. I once missed out on one of these for about £1100 by not moving quickly enough.
image

I don’t really know the history but I think Schlumberger took on the manufacturing of the Pierre Clement stuff for a while & judging by its appearance some of the design of the Bourdereau but not the scale.

2 Likes

Love these beast decks…I came very close to shipping one of these from the states…wish I had really…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPFMaZ34BM

4 Likes

I have the Reko Kut arm but not the tt

1 Like

Love the almost art deco and simplicity of those old tone arms.
Tempted to get the neat arm out

1 Like

A pal has one also…he uses it with his Garrard 301

Was anti skate thought of as pointless In the 50s/60s?

Have you tried it?

https://youtu.be/tKPageHpG1s

1 Like

Commonwealth also built some meaty decks

3 Likes

See Post 166ish up thread

1 Like

Retro revisited…

5 Likes

My plan for the shed system (when I get a house with a shed) is a pair of those and a Rega Brio.

I have no idea why it’s so weirdly specific :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A shed system?
I had not thought of such a thing

Hmmm :thinking:

1 Like

we have one in the garage - albeit it is just a “smart” speaker…

Charlie and his stereo

Apparently he purchased it from Louis Armstrong

19 Likes

Top drawer!

For the man who can’t get enough idlers

Microlab “Micromatic” turntable

6 Likes

Brought this down from the loft a few months back, and was surprised it worked, slowly.
Has a weird connector so couldn’t wire it up.
I’m sure @chelseadave will remember them.

6 Likes