Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Love free stuff.

The modern world of light bulbs. Jesus, how many different types / bayonets. Our house now uses 8 different types of bulb in as many different wattages / lumens. You then have different colours (cold white/warm white, 3000/6000).

The result is I’ve bought three different types of G9 bulbs to get the right colours / brightness for different rooms. Any possible saving in electricity is lost by the initial purchase price. Capitalism at it’s best.

Plus dimmable leds need new dimmer switches.

6 Likes

+1.

Totally agree with this, what’s wrong with candles?!

2 Likes

Wife has a habit of buying light fittings without me and I say to her “Just ensure the bulbs it takes are GU10 because I have a box of 20 bulbs already.”

She never does this and says “Well the bulbs didn’t come with it anyway.”

Cock punch to the boss woman wife person for not getting that is not how it works. Leaving the job for 2 months now before she forgets about it and I can toss the silly thing she has bought and buy a proper one myself.

Carole Malone, vile, opinionated Harpie.

1 Like

Should throw away the fucking key

4 Likes

Not sure any sentence is long enough for this act of pure evil, but 18 weeks (probably more like nine ) is a fucking joke.

2 Likes

FFS, even I wouldn’t / couldn’t do that

Even if a dog is manically frightened and looks like it is going to eat you, you don’t need pick it up to deliver any sort of “corrective” behaviour.

I hope they never get the chance to own a pet or have children - if your temper is that bad, don’t bother.

4 Likes

Very much this ^

I somehow suspect that their lives will forever be changed by this. Can you imagine either of them walking anywhere without verbal abuse being thrown at them? 18 weeks is way to soft and the husband just gets to wear a fucking tag.

when you order something that is (and note the decimal point) 905.0mm long by 74.5mm wide, and said item arrives and you see it is 905.0mm long by 745.0mm wide - someone deserves a CP

Looking on the bright side, for the money you’ve actually got 10 of what you want (OK, 9, since cutting inevitably involves some kerf). Shame they’re too big to go in Edd’s CNC machine.

VB

1 Like

If I had a band saw I’d be tempted to cut it myself. I know it could be a good excuse to buy one though. But I already have a drill press with no space to set it up!

But I deliberately ordered polished edges as I can’t be arsed with the effort of polishing a long edge

Measurements…meh :wink:

Massive, massive cockpunch to Swedish art critics.

A tongue-in-cheek quote from the article:

Klimt said the work would stay up for a short while so everyone interested could experience it.

There is a thing called the internet on which it is possible to buy proper bulbs - you know, filament ones with a power factor of 1.

Even better, if you use these wonderful things, you don’t have to wait for ten minutes to be able to see what you’re doing after you’ve switched the bloody things on.

1 Like

Sad that people find that offensive :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

LEDs

2 Likes

Sad, and rather pathetic. Half the population has something like it in their underwear, 100% of the population wouldn’t exist without one, so why should any part of the human body be considered offensive? Dark Ages attitudes…

3 Likes