Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Trudat

2 Likes

Jesus, Lean Manufacturing and death by post-its.
Been there many times, never a-fucking-gain.

WTF? The kennels insurance should cover the lot, itā€™s their negligence. Albeit probably the negligence of a young kid working through their Summer holidays if the kennels we use are anything to go by.

Tbh, Iā€™m struggling to understand how another dog could have got to yours if she was in her own run? At our kennels thereā€™s only ever one dog out of the runs at any one time, would have thought that was standard practice?

I agree. Iā€™m not sure what happened. It seems she had her head sticking out and the other dog got her by the neck and head but couldnā€™t pull her out.

Weā€™ll sort it out when we get home. Weā€™re more concerned with keeping it from the girls and trying to be positive. Not easy as the dogs are family members not pets.

6 Likes

We donā€™t have dogs so I donā€™t know the rules. But it would seem very contrary to natural justice if any of this had to come off your insurance. Surely your contract with the kennels means that they have to take at least reasonable care to prevent your dog coming to harm ? And that must mean absolutely preventing strange dogs from coming into physical contact with one another ? There have to be plenty of owners out there whoā€™d be on the phone to lawyers right now preparing claims for emotional stress.

VB

Again, how does this happen? The runs in the kennels we use are made of thick gauge mesh, which is pretty much how Iā€™d expect most runs to be constructed.

@Jim told a story about a van hitting his car and the lengths he had to go to to claim compensation. I not sure I have I have the stamina TBH. Iā€™m up for my doggo being ok and making sure the other dog is dealt with, and my kidā€™s holidays being unspoiled.

4 Likes

Dunno. Will find out later

Delegate this to the Antipodean then.

Your dog is getting good care, leave it alone now until you get home and try to enjoy the rest of your holiday mate. When you get back just tell the kids she got into a fight and needed some stitches.

How true, they get deep into your heart and mean so much.

Not only dogs ad cats. We have a horse whoā€™s now 22 years old and weā€™ve had the big donkey since he was 11 months. Heā€™s actually a Shire cross Cob!

Right now any recriminations / claims against the kennels are on the back burner till the pup / kids are sorted.

1 Like

Using my debit card in a local cash point has resulted in a rate of 1.114, so a saving of about Ā£70. Itā€™s also a better rate than offered by any of the usual vendors at home, as far as I could see.

Need more though, as I had forgotten how Germans like cash: we just went to a hotel/restaurant for dinner, and they didnā€™t take plastic!

1 Like

Beautiful. A big cuddly slow thing

Kinda like Bmtell on a bike. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d be going spare if something happened to the dog while we were away. I have been lucky to be able to leave the dog with family while weā€™re on holidays and shorter trips heā€™s come with us. Not least because home boarding costs are insane and Iā€™m not a kennels fan.

Vet just rang. Cardiac arrest and sadly Pixie is gone. Will possibly actually deliver cockpunch when we collect Ziggy.

At least the call came during siesta so we can get our shit together before the kids wake up.

Very sad ATM.

Gutted for you all

1 Like

Oh god - thatā€™s awful news. So sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Oh, Iā€™m really sorry Olan that is horrible. Fuck.

1 Like

Fuck, thatā€™s awful.

1 Like

Very Sorry to hear that Olan. Not good, at all.

1 Like