Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

So true they only seem to know one approach which is heavy handed at best

I’m not sure about Douane or the city police, but the fact that the Gendarme are literally a section of the army I think informs a lot of the approach / attitude that people see from them.

I didn’t know that.

Jesus wept, the new Gmail interface :fearful::weary:

Fortunately, there’s a go back to old Gmail option in Settings (for now).

1 Like

I don’t mind it to be honest.
Mind you, I have yet to find the “merge” button :smirk:

We are very lucky where we are. Having a fair bit of accessible land around here, we often have groups appear. We also have Carnival types on an organised site up the road. When Pikies arrive, as he and his family are regulars in our pub, a word in the head Carnie’s ear and suddenly the Pikies have gone. He has even offered to reimburse a couple of villagers for damage to property caused by “visiting scum” (his words).

1 Like

I quite like it.

Mine changed automatically. Horrible!

It lasted 2 days before I restored the classic one.

My 85 year old mother and gmail user will be pleased.

Is this Gmail, or Inbox? I found Inbox to be much nicer to use than Gmail

I’ll have another look at Inbox. I’d dismissed it when it was initially released.

that’s the CRS you are thinking of, mostly ex Foreign Legion
I have seen them dealing with pikeys at Le Mans, not at all gentle

Nope, Gendarmerie:

Sainsbury’s of Tonbridge can have one.

Apparently they have definitevely now stated that we MUST NOT use their trolleys for loading and unloading our goodies to the Tonbridge Audiojumble in October.

Well, screw them. I shall do my weekly shop after the Audiojumble elsewhere then.

Part of my enjoyment is watching the traders with their stacked up trollies.

I’m easily pleased

This cunt can have a hobnail to his bollocks if he has any.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/republican-candidate-ron-desantis-warns-florida-voters-not-monkey-electing-black

Just when you think the bottom of the barrel has been reached…

1 Like

I just watched the video and I’m not sure if he used it as a racist term or intended to be racist.

I think the point is he should be been more careful with his choice of words.

TBF, we can all see what we want in words. If we don’t like someone, or what they stand for, then anything they say will put some people on edge regardless of context or content.

I think it was poorly phrased with little thought. However, I genuinely didn’t think it was racist used in that context.